Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Caribbean Islands
Reload this Page >

What's your favorite Caribbean all-inclusive?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 16th, 2001, 03:34 PM
Karen

My husband and I would like to take a vacation this winter and are looking for the following in an all-inclusive: laid back atmosphere overall, couples atmosphere (no hedonism), nice setting, decent value, good food. <BR> <BR>A few years ago we took a cheap trip to Breezes Montego Bay, but are definitely looking for something a bit more modern and with better facilities.

Old Aug 16th, 2001, 05:39 PM
Debbie

Try RIU Yucatan or Palace in Playa del Carmen Mexico (www.riuhotels.com) or the Royal Hideaway Resort or Iberostar in this area. Or for really laid back, try either Iberostar or Allegro on Cozumel. <BR>Laid back - definitely <BR>Couples atmosphere - definitely no hedonism but there will be kids around but don't be put off by that <BR>Wonderful settings - all of them <BR>Decent value - EXCELLENT value <BR>Good food and mini fridges full of bottled water, pop, beer and alcohol

Old Aug 16th, 2001, 08:56 PM
Steve

We have been to Sandals Halcyon and Sandals Golf Resort in St. Lucia and in Antigua the resorts are beautiful and there is many of them to choose from.

Old Aug 17th, 2001, 03:51 AM
Sherry

I like the RIU's as well in Playa Car Mexico but the best all inclusive was BEACHES in Turks and Caicos....very laid back!!!! Great vacation!

Old Aug 17th, 2001, 04:17 AM
Penney

I agree with the Sandals Antigua suggestion as well as Halycon. Both are beautiful resorts - very lush and tropical, casual, relaxing and laid back and wonderful food and service. <BR> <BR>Other suggestions would be either Grand Lido Negril or San Souci.

Old Aug 17th, 2001, 04:38 AM
Les

The Enchanted Garden in Ocho Rios, Jamaica is very nice...laid back, couples atmosphere, spectacular gardens, 4 good restaurants, decent value. Not sure it is quite as upscale as you are seeking facility-wise, however.

Old Aug 17th, 2001, 06:01 AM
Kim

First choice Sandals Negril, second choice Sandals St.Lucia Golf Resort.LOVED THEM BOTH!!!!!

Old Aug 17th, 2001, 09:15 AM
Alex

Karen, <BR> <BR>Look into Le Sport on St. Lucia. It's an all-inclusive resort/spa. Very laid back, two spa treatments a day, good value, quite setting and great food at their featured restaurant (TAO). Check out their website (www.lesport.com.lc). We went last May for part of our honeymoon and loved it. Please e-mail me if you have any questions. <BR> <BR>Alex

Old Aug 17th, 2001, 12:22 PM
Sandi

I am a TA and for the money you cannot beat Plays del carmen south of Cancun, more laid back, family places and adults only...like the Adventura Palace in Puerto Aventuras, adults only, in a small gated golf community, you can walk around anytime day or night, no vendors, no hassles and brand new, or try the Spa Resort next door...some nice selections in the area, Riu Palace, Gala, and many more!!

Old Aug 18th, 2001, 06:18 PM
Norma

Try the RUI Tropical Bay Negril, Jamaica just opened spring of 2001 and they are running a special. All inclusive with great service. check there web site for pictures and rate.