Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Caribbean Islands
Reload this Page >

Where to stay in Jamaica with 15 and 18 year old girls

Jun 26th, 2001, 04:59 PM
Jack

I'm hearing Beaches is the answer, any comments or other suggestions?? What about excursions other than Dunns River Falls.

Jun 28th, 2001, 12:53 AM
tivertonhouse

JACK:Wherever you stay in Jamaica, check out the private half,full and more day privately-guided excursion services of BARRETT ADVENTURES as shown on www.jamaicaescapes. Send us an e-mail an we'll send you a sampler of over 30 excursions BEYOND Dunn's River Falls that include snorkeling with stingrays,swimming with manatees,private coffee bean plantations and considerably more. You'll also find 9 current villas,estates,cottages and small b&bs on the site -- with 3 more to be added within the next 10 days.

Jun 28th, 2001, 01:03 PM
Penney

Beaches is a great suggestion - tons to do there and the beaches of Negril are the best on the island. Sides, you stay at one Beaches and play at both.
If staying there however, I would not take the trip all the way to Ocho Rios for Dunn's River Falls - just aobout a three hour drive.

Other places to look into are Ren. Jamaica Grande

Jun 28th, 2001, 01:18 PM
Dixie

Just returned from Jamacia. Stayed at Franklin D Resort with my husband and kids ages 13 girl, 17 boy and 18 boy. We all had a GREAT time. They all learned to Scuba. My son's sailed. They meet lots of kids and had a great time in the disco. We had a two bedroom suite with 2 1/2 baths, kitchen with stock fridge, sodas and cheeses. And a beautiful oceanview balcony. I love that place. The staff is wonderful. The boys took the teen shopping tour to Ocho Rios (included) and we all the trip to Dunn's river also included.
The best part of the resort is that it is small only 76 rooms and you meet people and see them often and have a great time. The rooms are fantastic also.

Aug 11th, 2001, 07:15 PM
meg

If you stay in MOBay you can do daytrips to O Rios and Negril and see more of the island.

Aug 18th, 2001, 06:28 PM
Norma

the RUI Tropcial Bay in Negril has lots of kids running around haveing a great time. Kids stay free with paying adults. check there web site for more info. Just 6 months old and the largest resort in Negril