Search

What to pack?...

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7th, 2002, 03:21 PM
Babette

What to pack?...

Planning a trip to Negril in March,..any suggestions on items we may not think to pack?..We are staying at Sandals Negril.<BR><BR>Thanks for your input!!

Old Jan 7th, 2002, 03:41 PM
Penney

It is a great resort - I am sure you will have a super time!<BR><BR>The resort os more casual then it appears in the brouchure - swimwear and coverups during the day and casual sundresses or dress shorts at night. There are a few theme nights ifyou wish to bring stuff to participate other wise they can provide for you.<BR><BR>

Old Jan 7th, 2002, 06:54 PM
Kim

Lucky you, thats our favorite place. Take plenty of sun screen and have fun!!

Old Jan 8th, 2002, 06:32 AM
ohliz

Long light pants (can be buggy on the beach at and after sunset), Off, one sweatshirt or long sleeve shirt, just in case, any medicines you need, a floaty raft is great if they don't have them.<BR><BR Liz

Old Jan 10th, 2002, 06:44 PM
Babette

Thanks for your suggestions! Wasn't sure on what little things I might never think of taking!

Old Jan 11th, 2002, 12:47 PM
John

Not sure about Negril, but the mosquitos were have been bad at Sandals MoBay. They always bite me and not my wife. I always take alot of OFF and Benadryl Spray and tablets.

Old Jan 11th, 2002, 06:31 PM
Babette

Thank you very much for the info.!! We will definitely pack some bug spray!!!<BR><BR>

Old Jan 11th, 2002, 07:23 PM
Penny

Babette,<BR><BR>Be sure to pack a light sweater as the night breeze off the ocean can be chilly, especially if your sunburned.<BR><BR>I use Avon Skin so soft to repel the mosquito's, as I don't like the smell of the other products on the market.<BR><BR>Have a great time.

Old Jan 12th, 2002, 11:40 AM
Babette

Thanks Penney! I use Avon Skin so Soft here in Pennsylvania to fight the bugs. I didn't know if it was strong enough depending on just how buggy it is. Are lightweight pants needed at all?

Old Jan 12th, 2002, 06:40 PM
xxx

Guys need covered toed shoes at most resturants at night along with slacks & colored shirts like polo's. Gals can't wear shorts at night so sundresses or skirts are the norm. have fun

Old Jan 12th, 2002, 06:52 PM
Susannah

I never wear skirts or sundresses! Always linen capri pants (black or white) & a white linen shirt or sleeveless top w/ a lightweight (silk) sweater over my shoulders if it is chilly b/c of air conditioning or breezes.

Old Jan 13th, 2002, 01:29 AM
John

Hi Babette, Not sure about the post requiring men to wear long pants and covered toe shoes. Never stayed at Sandals Negril, all of our 16 trips have been Sandals MoBay. Normal dress at MoBay has been Dress shorts and collared shirts for men. Women has been sundresses, pants or short sets. Shoes are required, but sandals are acceptable. Last February, ten of us from MoBay had dinner in the Main dining room at Sandals Negril. All of the men wore shorts. The women, a mixture of what I mentioned earlier.

Old Jan 13th, 2002, 10:51 AM
Babette

Thanks again! Everyone has been so helpful. What about beach towels? Do we need to take any?

Old Jan 13th, 2002, 11:30 AM
John

Hi Babette, They provide beach towels. You mentioned your from PA. Where? So are we.

Old Jan 13th, 2002, 04:11 PM
Babette

Hi! We're from a small town about 40 miles north of Pittsburgh, Kittanning. We are you from? How did you like Sandals and Jamaica? Any other tips? Where to go, not to go? Anything special we would want to bring home?