What hotel in Turks and Caicos?

Old Mar 23rd, 2012, 02:01 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What hotel in Turks and Caicos?

Hi everyone! My family is in the works of planning a trip to Turks and Caicos. It will be myself, my father, mother, brother, his wife, and my husband. We have never been, however my husband and I had a cruise stop in Grand Turk and fell in love. What hotel should we stay at? Looks like there are so many amazing ones to choose from! Here is a little bit about us:

We are looking for relaxation during the day consisting of laying by the pool, on the beach, swimming in the water, snorkeling adventures, cocktails, spa services, shopping, casual lunches.

During the evening we are looking for both casual and dressy dinners, cocktails, some kind of nightlife possibly?

We would also like a fitness facility on property as we do visit the gym even on vacations. Also, we would rather not rent a car so it would be easier to stay in walking distance of restaurants, bars, shopping....etc.

We would like to stay in a 4-5 star hotel or not spend over $1,000 per night.
Hope to hear back for some advice! Thanks so much!
Old Mar 23rd, 2012, 04:39 PM

Are you traveling during non peak season? Makes the budget stretch out longer.

Provo is completely different from GT, but the beaches are far superior on Provo.
Sounds like, if in your price range, check out

Seven Stars, right in the middle, close to supermarket, shopping, numerous restaurants. It has thE best lounge outdoor deck with live music.
Villa Renaissance, a little more self catering, but also close to the middle. With specials it's exactly your price range.

Others may be above your price range, but you can check Grace Bay Club, Regent Palms, and Somerset. Of these, Somerset would be my favorite choice, gorgeous property.

Things are really spread out in Provo. Many of the best restaurants aren't close to any one property. Sooner or lat you'll need transportation. You might want to consider a van, or 2 cars, as taxi can get extremely expensive, at least for part of your trip. Casual do not miss places like Da Conch Shack or amazing sites like Chalk Sound require cars.

If not above your price range, Seven Stars sounds like a good fit.
Old Mar 23rd, 2012, 06:18 PM
Original Poster

Thanks so much for your advice and info. These properties look amazing. Seven Stars seems like it has almost everything we are looking for. Will check out the other hotels as well. Thanks again!
Old Mar 24th, 2012, 04:53 AM

I'd suggest The Somerset www.thesomerset.com , beautiful condos, many restaurants nearby, wonderful staff, beach & pool to die for...World Class spa next door at Regent Palms...also love it there...spent out honeymoon there...but now LOVE Somerset !!
Old Mar 25th, 2012, 05:19 AM

If you were visiting during the summer months here in Turks & Caicos, be sure to check for special resort promotions, as they can be quite a cost saver. We see them pop up all the time!
Old Mar 26th, 2012, 10:13 AM

Sounds to me that Grace Bay in Providencials is the place for your family! The Alexandra Resort and Spa is a great resort that attracts the right kind of crowd. They provide free non motorized water equipment on the beach such as paddle boats, kayaks, they have sailing, snorkeling and plenty of other activities to choose from. They have the Mango Reef restaurant right on the beach which has delicious food and great live music. The rooms are spacious and have kitchens, dining rooms and large balcony. They have a fitness center and full spa for the ladies and men. You can also do your tour through Caicos Dream Tours! Hope this helped!
Old May 17th, 2012, 11:28 AM

Hope its not too late.. Check this out!

http://www.cheapcaribbean.com/resort...packageId=4002

Seem like a good deal??
Old May 17th, 2012, 11:29 AM

Hope its not too late.. Check this out!

http://www.cheapcaribbean.com/resort...packageId=4002

Seem like a good deal??
Old May 17th, 2012, 11:37 AM

I stayed at Seven stars the summer before last. AMAZING property, service, BEACH. Great location. Of course, keep in mind that Grace Bay is about the beach and nice restaurants. There's not a lot of extra activity or shopping. But Seven Stars let's you take kayaks, etc. out free which is a fun perk.
Old May 17th, 2012, 05:14 PM

Like others have said, we're working with Turks and Caicos Reservations on our summer vacation. They've been great to work with, and we're still deciding between The Alexandra, LeVele, or maybe somewhere else. We enjoyed Villa del Mar very much, but might want to have an oceanview this time.

There are so many discounted rates and deals, that it helps to have someone watching them for you.

Good luck.