Need Provo Turks hotel help

Old Feb 29th, 2012, 06:45 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need Provo Turks hotel help

Morning everyone. My new hubby and I want to try Turks. I know it's sounds crazy, but Im a little gun shy because we are use to bigger resorts that are pretty tropical with palapas and umbrellas for shade. We want to be close to other restaurants and bars. Don't want to spend $1,000 per night, but want something nice. Would appreciate recs for a larger place with a tropical vibe close to other restaurants and bars. How bout Seven Stars and Gansevoort? Other recs much appreciated. Thanks and have a nice day.

Oh PS are the beaches in this area long enough to go for long walks on the beach from your hotel? Thanks
Old Feb 29th, 2012, 07:40 AM

Seven Stars is one of the largest resorts...lots nearby as well. Gansevoort is on the western end of Grace Bay and not very much near it as well. Look at The Somerset or Regent Palms--both are beautiful, great locationa and excellent on site dining and close to many other great ones. World class spa at Regent Palms is fantastic.
Old Feb 29th, 2012, 12:56 PM

Seven Stars would work perfectly for you
Old Feb 29th, 2012, 03:04 PM

We stayed next door to The Gansevoort at West Bay Club. You'll need a car if you stay in that area because it's pretty far from most of the other hotels and restaurants. I didn't feel that the Gansevoort had much of a tropical vibe because the design is very sleek, modern, and minimalist, but it does have a gorgeous beachfront. If I was going to choose between Seven Stars and Gansevoort, I'd probably go with Seven Stars since it's more centrally located and I think more reasonably priced?

And to answer your question: Grace Bay is a very long beach. I think it's about 12 miles long. It could take you the entire day to walk it. We really loved it and will go back!!
Old Mar 5th, 2012, 10:08 AM

If you are looking for a safe long beach to walk on and snorkel, then Grace Bay is where you should be looking. In the Turks I have stayed at the Alexandra Resort & Spa and have had wonderful times. They have great spa treatment and plenty of entertainment and water sports. They have the Mango Reef restaurant at the hotel in front of the beach which is delicious.
Old Mar 5th, 2012, 10:41 AM

FYI-Alexandra is a step below the resorts the OP is asking about.
Old Mar 12th, 2012, 08:56 AM

Seven Stars and Alexandra would be good choices. Ocean Club West, Villa Renaissance, and Regent Grand are also in the same, general area as Seven Stars. Take a look at all - researching is half the fun!