westin or GC beach suites?

Apr 28th, 2010, 04:28 AM
Original Poster

westin or GC beach suites?

I'm leaning towards the BC, which one is better? I like the smaller, more caribbean feel of the BC...
Apr 28th, 2010, 08:15 AM

Both are nice. The Westin has the better, bigger, less crowded beach and the entire hotel is on the beach side. The Beach Suites is closer to town and the hotel itself I think gets better reviews but if it is set like it was when it was the Hyatt, many of the rooms are acroos the road from the beach (there is a walkway over the street though).
Apr 28th, 2010, 08:25 AM
Original Poster

thanks! so there's a chance i may be able to request a "beach side" room at the beach suites? how far is the westin from the beach suites?
Apr 28th, 2010, 11:14 AM

You definitely can get a beachfront room it will just cost more The two hotels aren't that far apart...walkable. Maybe a mile at most?
Apr 28th, 2010, 12:37 PM

In January it looked like the old Hyatt rooms there across the street from 7MB had not been reopened, so all of the room may be on the beach side of the resort. However, not all rooms will be "ocean front", you will need to ask specific questions about the rooms that you have priced.