Search

Westin Lucaya for Family of Five

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4th, 2004, 07:47 AM
smj
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Westin Lucaya for Family of Five

Hello. Has anyone used a rollaway in a standard room with 2 double beds here? Being a cheapskate, I'm hoping to squeeze in all five of us instead of getting an extra room. Room size is not a priority as we have had rollaways many times before. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks.
Old Mar 4th, 2004, 07:52 AM

I'm not sure the Westin will allow 5 in a room. Most hotels will not.
Old Mar 4th, 2004, 09:20 AM
caribtraveler

it's a big hotel with a big lobby with rooms in a separate building..they don't have to know you have 5 in the room.
it was just me and my husband in a king bed when we were there..but the oceanview room we had was a pretty decent size.
i'm so envious you're going...we loved it! have a great time!

Old Mar 4th, 2004, 09:41 AM

If you are looking for a rollaway in a room with 2 dbl beds , they will certainly be suspicious.
Children are free only if they use the standard room bedding and not additional. (this is posted on the website)

Of course, you can try getting 5 to a room.. just be aware of the rules. I'm sure they overlook it from time to time.

Old Mar 4th, 2004, 10:19 AM
smj
Original Poster

I certainly don't mind paying for a rollaway, as I would expect to. It's the extra room that I'd like to avoid. Marriott is a chain that we've had great luck with using the rollaway in a room with 2 double beds. I'm hoping the Westin Lucaya will be as accommodating. I have emailed them with this question, but no word from them yet.
Old Mar 4th, 2004, 04:25 PM

Send another message to the hotel marketing department at [email protected]
Paula is the Director of Revenue Management or something like that at the Miami Sales Office of Our Lucaya. She was of tremendous assistance to myself and my wife when we were experiencing difficulties getting answers we had last summer. We just got back less than two weeks ago from an 8 day vacation at Breaker's Cay and it was outstanding.

Danny
Old Mar 4th, 2004, 05:04 PM
smj
Original Poster

Thank you Danny. Will do.
Old Mar 4th, 2004, 05:30 PM

We also had a recent fabulous vacation in the past year to the Westin at Our Lucaya. It was just the two of us but in the past we have asked for and received a rollaway bed when there were two doubles in the room. I have never been questioned on this although I'm sure it could happen. My special needs daughter is unable to sleep with her little brother in the same bed. We only have 4 but I still think you'll be okay. We purchased a child's Aerobed which is great but we've never had to use it except for sleepovers at home. You could try that. Threehearts
Old Mar 4th, 2004, 05:49 PM
smj
Original Poster

Thanks Threehearts. When you asked for the rollaway, was it at the Westin Lucaya? Wasn't sure if you meant that or not.
Old Mar 5th, 2004, 03:19 AM

smj- Sorry for the confusion. It was just my husband and myself at Our Lucaya but I still feel that our oceanfront room was generously sized. I could not promise that a roll-away would fit but a small twin Aerobed definitely would have. I would call them and describe my family situation(minus the sp. needs, of course) as yours and ask if certain room categories accomodate a roll-away. Ask if they'll guarantee it for you. Hope this helps. Threehearts
Old Mar 5th, 2004, 04:42 AM
smj
Original Poster

Thanks Threehearts.
Old Mar 9th, 2004, 07:56 AM
smj
Original Poster

I just received an email from Westin Our Lucaya stating that although it will be a tight fit, we could have a rollaway for $20 per night.
Old Mar 9th, 2004, 03:06 PM

Great news. Go, I don't think you'll regret your decision.

Danny