Search

Wedding Willies

Search this Thread

Old Nov 5th, 2002, 03:44 PM
Nik

Wedding Willies

My fiance and I are planning on getting married in Jamaica, next August. I am looking at the Beaches Resorts, as they allow children and a seperate resort for the two of us. As far as weddings there does anyone have any advice, on what to look for. We have never been there, but hear grreat things about Ocho Rios...<BR>Thanks

Old Nov 5th, 2002, 05:38 PM
Chris

Why did you choose Jamaica?<BR>Why did you choose Beaches?

Old Nov 6th, 2002, 05:38 AM
Why Jamaica

I agree, why Jamaica when there are much nicer island than that.<BR><BR>St. John, USVI, St. Barts, Antigua. St. John was our favorite. Saw some gorgeous wedding on the beaches on St. John. Stunning beaches, beautiful island. Tons of villas to rent. It is a safe island.

Old Nov 6th, 2002, 06:00 AM
Mary

August is in the middle of hurricane season also.<BR>Be sure to take all these factors into account when making your plans.

Old Nov 6th, 2002, 12:16 PM
Tiffany

Nik - August is in the middle of hurricane season, September being the worst month for the rain. And Jamaica is one of the islands to get hit the worst. You may want to consider something further south. I just returned from my weddingmoon (oct3-10) at Sandals Antigua and it was amazing! Antigua is a dry island and typically doesn't receive a lot of rain. The beach is breathtaking and makes for amazing pictures!! <BR><BR>Good luck and congrats!

Old Nov 6th, 2002, 12:17 PM
Sue

Don't worry, I got married in Punta Cana, and it was perfect. We are going to Jamaica in January. Beaches does have a great plan for wedding and you can bring the kids, but I also had a great deal in Punta Cana. My wedding was only $500 and it was all the champainge, food, pictures, flowers for everyone and the restaurant to ourselves which was 18 people, including kids. Good luck and best wishes.

Old Nov 6th, 2002, 05:01 PM
Gary

Sue, might I ask something?<BR>Why does the fact that your wedding was 'perfect' minimize the potential for hurricanes for Nik's wedding?<BR><BR>I'm not sure I'm understanding the connection between the two.

Old Nov 8th, 2002, 02:17 AM
tivertonhouse

August is hot,ditto Sept and tho both traditionally are 'hurricane season' late Sept-Oct is when Jamaica seems to be hit most. Depending on your budget,<BR>private weddings at private villas would offer you far more for your money -- and memories -- than Beaches and similar resorts even a package plans. Ochi/Ocho Rios wouldn't be our first pick. Goldeneye in Orcabessa or Round Hill 15 min.west of MoBay or a villa on The Blue Hole in Port Antonio (or Roaring River Pavilion in Ochi if you must be there) top the luxe list. You'd probably do better tho to do The Caves or Swept Away in Negril in August. Think hot -- NOT hurricane,tho.