Wedding/Honeymoon

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2nd, 2003, 06:26 PM
Lisa

Wedding/Honeymoon

My fiance and I are planning on getting married in Aruba. I am a lit

Old Jan 2nd, 2003, 06:28 PM
lisa

We are looking to have a very small ceremony on the beach with 10 of our family and friends. My fiance would also like to go all inclusive. Does anyone have any recommendations. I have been researching La Cabana.

Old Jan 11th, 2003, 05:33 AM
Laura

I could not recommend La Cabana for your wedding--there are tons of kids! Not romantic. For a quieter property try the Bucuti with an expansive beach. Try arranging a special dinner at the very nice French Steakhouse next door at the Manchebo--they have an Ambassador's Special for $40 for 2 that includes wine.<BR>Just too many great restaurants in Aruba to choose from and all inclusive is not great. <BR>Also the Renaissance Hotel downtown takes you by boat to their private island. Also several reasonable restaurants downtown like Rumba, Que Pasa and many restaurants by the pier and elsewhere.<BR>The Amsterdam Manor Hotel is a nice property by La Cabana with large rooms. <BR>Good luck.

Old Jan 12th, 2003, 10:24 AM
Laura

The Wyndham Hotel offers an all-inclusive plan--there are several very good restaurants--Greenhouse for breakfast, another open air restaurant on the beach, Pago Pago (fish, steaks), Cafe Baci (Italian) and Blossoms (Chinese and Japanese). Also, you are allowed to dine off the property 2 nights (for 7+ nights stay). You can walk between hotels as there is not much distance as well as to other restaurants.

Old Jan 25th, 2003, 06:22 AM
Lisa

Thank you Laura for your suggestions. <BR>I have decided to book the Divi Mega all inclusive. My fiance is set on an all inclusive. Now that we have a place narrowed down, I am trying to research our plans to get married on the beach. I have sent a few questions to 'weddings for you'. I would like to get photos and a video of our special day. We are also having about 10 friends join us on this trip. I would also like to plan a special evening to dinner after the ceremony. <BR>Any suggestions?