Weather in Barbados

Apr 9th, 2002, 07:50 PM
J

Weather in Barbados

Hi,
I want to plan a wedding weekend July 30th -August 3rd, of next year. When does hurrican season begin in the Caribbean? I'm thinking the prices will be great during this time but I'm concerned moreso with the weather as my group will join me in Barbados via a cruise stop and the possibility of the cruiseline adjusting the itinerary. Is the weather during this time of the year horrible? Or Should I opt for a wedding in April or May (I'd prefer August)? Help!

Apr 10th, 2002, 08:06 AM
marlene

Hello, the Caribbean is fine in the summer months. I go to a different island every year during summer months and never had a problem. Good luck

Apr 10th, 2002, 09:24 AM
Lois

You should do fine. We've been there at that time before and it's ok. Hurricane season is 1 June - 30 November, but Barbados is out of that belt being so far east & south (last time one affected the island was 1955). You get an occasional shower then, but overall weather is gorgeous as it is most of the year there.

Apr 11th, 2002, 08:07 PM
J

Thanks! I really appreciate the responses.

Any suggestions on a romantic, non-beach but still have a great view of the ocean places to get married? There are tons of venues listed on Weddings beyond your imagination, however, I cannot find any information or pictures.

Apr 12th, 2002, 06:28 AM
Lois

Bottom Bay on the cliff (east coast) is quite nice. Spectacular scenery -- in fact entire east coast has very dramatic scenery. The only problem at Bottom Bay is that there is there is no electricity available in case anyone needs to for any reason.

I know Lisa Ward who runs Weddings Beyond Your Imagination - you should be able to ask her for something like that -- cliff with view of the Caribbean.