Wyndham Rose Hall

Mar 21st, 2002, 04:59 AM
travelmom

Wyndham Rose Hall

Thinking about going to the Wyndham because Beaches Negril is so cost prohibitive for the average family. Any thoughts about the resort? Will be going with another family and all kids are 8 and 11. We are looking for decent accomodations, good food, bars that don't close at 6pm and a great beach.`The water park is very attractive for the kids but is there anything worthwhile for the adults?

Mar 21st, 2002, 05:14 AM
chazz

We thought the Wyndham was a nice hotel for the money, but the beach was disappointing. During our week there the "red flag" (no swimming) was up every day due to winds and waves. The water was cloudy with suspended sand and seaweed. We wound up going into Montego Bay for swimming (it's more protected there).
The hotel is somewhat isolated but they do provide some entertainment in the evenings.
We haven't been to Negril yet, but everyone tells us the beaches there are better. See if you can find something less expensive in the Negril area. The Riu resort has been running some pretty good specials lately.

Mar 21st, 2002, 02:10 PM
Statia

I stayed at Wyndham Rose Hall before. Actually won a trip there. We were sans children, but it seemed a great place to stay with kids at the time.

Mar 22nd, 2002, 12:02 AM
April

I thought the location left something to be desired and, as mentioned above, the beach wasn't great. I wouldn't stay there again.

Apr 5th, 2002, 09:15 AM
farid

Went in Jan 02 with pregnant wife and 5 yr old son. We loved the waterpark. I could have floated around the lazy river all day long. Bar are open for quite a while. Not a place for honeymoon or rekindling romance though. Food was ok. Service good. Rooms were clean and accomodating. Red flag on beach was up the five days I was there but there are coves nearby for snorkling. I didnt mind paying $20 to go into Montego Bay to snorkel. Even took a glass bottom boat ride which allows you to snorkel. We enjoyed the isolated location but it is only 10 min from airport which is a difinite plus as we were on the plane since 4am and just wanted to get there and relax. Let me know if I can be of further help. Enjoy.

Apr 12th, 2002, 08:17 AM
chacoms

Traveling to Montego Bay on May 4th and staying at the Wyndham there. Would appreciate any comments, good or bad in addition to what has been said. Mostly concerned about beach at the Wyndham. Is the water calm or rough there? Not a great swimmer but love to just float in the water. What about quality of drinks and food? Have done 8 cruises but never just stayed on an island for a week. Would appreciate any feedback.