Reload this Page >

We want to be 100 percent safe

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2nd, 2002, 05:59 PM
Jeremy

Is there a caribbean island where the whole population of people will greet us at the airport, just to insure me that the WORST CASE WONT HAPPEN and someone will steal my nice shiny 20 dollar bill, since I like to flash it in natives face.<BR>I cant go to <BR>St. maarten<BR>St. Thomas<BR>or any island where people who dont look like nice rich americans walk around.<BR>Thank you in advance.<BR><BR>Oh, thanks Sandy, we should go to Grand Cayman.<BR>Oh, you Love Aruba?<BR>Oh i should check out your vacation packages? <BR>Oh you guys are SO HELPFUL!!

Old Jan 2nd, 2002, 06:27 PM
anon

Wow, talk about getting all worked up over nothing. Someone needs to get laid, REAL bad!

Old Jan 2nd, 2002, 06:43 PM
Jeremy

Usually on the internet people that bring up getting laid in a travel convo probably has not been laid.

Old Jan 2nd, 2002, 06:57 PM
anon

You must be slipping - your response is lamer than usual.... take a deep breath and relax, there's no need to flame this board just because you don't agree with others' opinions. I suggest you just state your case about St. Maarteen in a reasoned calm manner rather than getting all rude so that you end up hurting your case. Or just go over to TTOL and stay there.

Old Jan 2nd, 2002, 06:59 PM
Jeremy

Your right anon.<BR>I just got mad because my mind was sort of screwed up about SXm when I read this board and im trying to prove a point that SOME of these fodors people are full of it.<BR>

Old Jan 2nd, 2002, 07:09 PM
xxx

First ting to do is learn that it is Saint Martin/Sint Maarten. Second ting is to realize that there are lots of people with very diverse views on what makes a great vacation. Third ting is to watch for those that push one island and they've never been anywhere else. Fourth and most important is to not react to the flames, the trolls and the frontmen for certain resorts! <BR>Until Fodor's requires registration, the a**holes are gonna post here 'cause with most boards you are held accountable for your posts so they got nowhere to go! <BR>Isn't it great we just all get along so well? Happy New Year!

Old Jan 2nd, 2002, 07:18 PM
anon

One thing I noticed about this board is that you get a lot of negative postings, maybe because of the general caribbean category. When you go to a board that has separate forum for each island, you get the opposite - people sugarcoating everything. It does look like SXM gets an unfairly bad rap here, so you should counter that with facts, trip reports, etc. I personally don't try to sell my favorite island because the less tourists that go there the better it is for me...

Old Jan 3rd, 2002, 09:34 AM
Anon2

I totally agree with the previous post by Anon...I don't always "tout" my favorite islands (there are two) because the less people the better--more people, more problems and higher prices. I know these two islands are wonderful (for my tastes), so who cares what others think. <BR><BR>As far as people complaining that some forums are biased, WHO CARES? Some people find islands that they truly love and they don't want to commiserate with those that don't...just my two cents.