Villa's - How do you pick one?

Dec 11th, 2001, 08:00 AM
Rob

Villa's - How do you pick one?

I am limited to days I can visit St. John because of Airline awards program flight availabliity. Does anyone know if villa's can be rented wed to wed? Also any recommendations for a family that likes a pool, snorkeling and tennis.

Dec 11th, 2001, 08:06 AM
busted

Sorry, but you've been flagged by the Apostrophe Police. The plural of "villa" is "villas," not "villa's."

Thank you.

Dec 11th, 2001, 09:03 AM
Rob

thanks for the correction....but that doesn't help me wiht my search for the perfect villa.

Dec 11th, 2001, 11:06 AM
Target

Hi Rob... as you can see, the idiot who wanted to correct your grammar has nothing better to do than look for errors....they should be looking in the mirror and correct the biggest error of all!! Sorry I cannot help you out on your quest but busted and many others on this board are nothing less than pitiful. BUSTED>>> If you can't offer help to those seeking info on where to visit,keep your silly remarks to yourself!!!

Dec 11th, 2001, 11:29 AM
Cissy

Rob: I do believe they rent mid-week, but it may depend on the season and just who you rent from. Check out
caribbeanvilla.com. We rented from them 3 years ago and I think we did something similar to what you're describing. Even if you don't rent from them, I bet they can answer your question unless someone with a definite answer responds here. Good luck.

Dec 11th, 2001, 12:32 PM
laverne

Busted: I'm sorry you had to endure Target's vicious assault. I totally agree -- someone's got to stop the rampant misuse of apostrophes before they run amok. Your note wasn't mean, Target's was.

Dec 11th, 2001, 05:41 PM
Rob

I have found several Villa's that do offer wed to wed rentals. It amazes me that I got more responses from people about my grammar than about my question.

Dec 11th, 2001, 09:38 PM
Leni

Rob,
Laverne is right. Target is mean and Busted is just grammar sensitive (which I like !) In addition to getting info on which villa to rent, you're also getting info on how to write correctly.
Sorry, Rob, but I don't have any info on the villa situation in St. John either. BUSTED: how did I do ?

Dec 12th, 2001, 03:51 AM
busted

LENI: I found your remarks well-crafted, bordering on the elegant. A hyphen between "grammar" and "sensitive" might have been indicated, but that's a minor quibble.
Thanks for weighing in.

Dec 12th, 2001, 04:24 AM
Julie

Rob,

Here's one possibility for you. It's a great location, close to town and has a nice view to boot. Rates don't look too bad if you go in the off-season. Hope this helps.

http://www.tennisvilla.com/

Dec 12th, 2001, 04:32 AM
Target

Hey Rob, glad to hear you found a few possibilities for your vacation. Others like Laverne, Leni and Busted should do research as well for vacation info instead of trying to correct your grammar. I am sure they don't live glass houses and certainly should not be throwing any stones your way,, Have a safe trip.