Search

Villa in St John?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14th, 2001, 12:38 PM
Julie

Villa in St John?

My fiance and I are looking to rent a villa on St. John for this coming September or October. Ideally, we'd like something w/ a private pool and--given the time of year--A/C in the bedroom. I've done some surfing on various internet sites, but would really love to hear people's recommendations. Where have you stayed that was private, well-kept and a good price? What management companies are good to work with and which should we avoid? We'd love to stay in the $1400-1500/wk range if possible. Since it's just the two of us, we wouldn't need more than one bedroom. Is that a reasonable price expectation for hurricane season?

Old Mar 14th, 2001, 08:38 PM
danny

Check with Bob or his wife (I can't remember her name- she's really nice) at Lowkey Dive shop. Their web site is at www.divelowkey.com They have a great dive shop in Cruz Bay and they also own a rental house. If their house is too expensive I'm sure they can tell who to check with about another house. They are both nice people. Most houses are not on the beach. I would suggest staying somewhere close to Cruz Bay because it is close to everything as far as rest/bars and the ferry to St. Thomas, Tortola, and Virgin Gorda if you wanted to do a day trip. Have fun!

Old Mar 15th, 2001, 04:33 AM
Keith's Nan

Thre are many rental companies to choose from - try cateredto.com <BR>onlinevacations.com <BR>cloud9villas.com <BR>island-getaways.net <BR>starvillas.com <BR> <BR>There are many more out there. Sept & Oct. are hurricane season. A/C in bedrooms at most villas and splash pools. Do not worry about beachfront. you will want to go to the various beaches in STJ, each one has its own personality and beauty. <BR> <BR>The time of year you are picking - $1400 should get you a very nice place for a week. Most villa companies list all the amenities and you could probably get a 2 bedroom at that price. <BR>Good luck! Buy the travel insurance for that time of year. STJ may not get hit but surrounding areas could cause problems.

Old Mar 15th, 2001, 11:13 AM
nancy

Hi Julie-we just got back from St John-we rented a villa thru carefreegetaways.com-the service was ok-but the house was perfect and sounds like what youwere looking for. The place was called Enzo's Retreat-it was up above Cruz Bay(great location), beautiful views,2 BR,very cool pool. The property was also avail thru vivacations.com and they seemed pretty cool. Good luck !

Old Mar 15th, 2001, 02:50 PM
Nancy

I think I would a few hundred dollars more to your budget. Here are a few that you might want to check out: <BR> <BR>http://vacationvistas.com/splendore_villa_st_john.html <BR> <BR>http://island-getaways.net/lateterouge.html <BR>