Search

Cayman Lodging help!!

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2nd, 2001, 07:45 AM
paige

Cayman Lodging help!!

Just booked the sale fare on Delta for 284$ pp from Atlanta. Now I am looking for somewhere to stay. Does anyone know anything about Turtle Beach Villas, London House or Victoria House? Thanks! <BR>

Old Mar 2nd, 2001, 12:41 PM
Lori

We liked the Treasure Island hotel for excellent snorkeling from the beach and inexpensive accomodations.

Old Mar 2nd, 2001, 01:52 PM
lib

Have never stayed at any of those nor do I know anyone who has. I have stayed at Indies Suites and Treasure Island. Indies Suites are very nice even though they are across the street from the beach. The walk to the beach is very minimal and the beach at that site is a very good beach. Sometimes we had it almost to ourselves. I also was very comfortable at Treasure Island even though their beach is very rocky with coral. They do have nice sand to sunbathe in and great snorkeling once you get past the coral. I am going back to Cayman in May and will be staying at Treasure Island again this time since I am going alone and would like to have the restaurant and pastry shop available. Indies Suites does not have a restaurant, but they do provide a continental breakfast every morning.

Old Mar 3rd, 2001, 04:05 PM
jayne

I liked Sunshine Suites, new, clean, comfortable. Right across the street from the westin, the nicest section of the beach! If you get too close to town, the beach isn't as nice. You'll want a kitchen, dining out is expensive. I enjoyed chicken-chicken, and eats, for inexpensive dining, and edoardo's for italian. Have a great trip!

Last edited by ibtyen; Aug 16th, 2017 at 01:45 PM.

Old Mar 11th, 2001, 07:27 AM
sipry

Paige, <BR>We have stayed at Indies many times but for our trip this year, we decided to try somewhere else. We spend 4 nights at Discovery and one week at Morritts. All in all, we would not go back to either places. Indies was much more comfortable. Sunshine Suites looks like a very nice place - they are getting alot of good reviews. We didn't check it out but it looked good. I sat next to a man on the flight down who goes to GC on business all the time - he was staying at Sunshine Suites and said it was very comfortable. Since he has stayed in quite a few places, he would probably be a good person to listen to. He gave us some restaurant tips that were great. I'm sorry that I don't have any info on the places you asked about. But, I would recommend checking out Indies and Sunshine Suites. Before I forget - friends of ours stayed at the Grand Caymanian and it was really quite nice. They had a one bedroom, complete kitchen and living room - balcony overlooking the water. VERY comfortable and very new. The only drawback was that their beach is on the "sound" and not really swimmable. They do have a lovely pool and spa though. Their property is also right in Seven MIle Beach area so you can go to any beach nearby for swimming in the ocean. It's a very nice place and might be worth checking out. Hope this helps.

Old Mar 15th, 2001, 04:39 PM
Kim

We just returned from Grand Cayman on 3/14. We stayed at the Sunshine Suites. This is one of the nicest properties we have stayed at in the Islands. They have Suites with refrigerators, microwave, toaster, coffee pot, and a stove top. All dishes, pans, etc. are new. The Suites just opened in 1999. Not ocean front, across the street from the Westin. We didn't use the beach right at the Westin. We walked up the street past the Governor's house and there was a public beach, with good snorkeling right from the beach. Good luck and have a great time, where ever you stay.