VIlla Cofressi in Rincon

Search

VIlla Cofressi in Rincon

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5th, 2009, 10:52 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
VIlla Cofressi in Rincon

Has anyone stayed here? I already check tripadvisor and all the other usual review places, but respect the opinion of fellow fodorites.

We'll be going Easter week with our almost 18 year old son. We will have a car so we plan on exploring the general area a bit and also plan on trying different restaurants nearby.

Any restaurant suggestions, suggestions as to areas to explore, or things to do would also be appreciated.

Thanks.
Old Feb 7th, 2009, 06:15 AM
Original Poster

Anybody???
Old Feb 7th, 2009, 11:56 AM

I was there a couple of years ago with my wife and 14 year old daughter and we had a great time. Very friendly staff. The beach is really close to the hotel with an excellent bar just steps away from the ocean. Food there is open grilled. At the hotel the restaurant is also great, although they were on some kind of schedule at that time. In the little town of Rincon theres Brothers restaurant for some good ethinic breakfast or lunch. You got to visit the Lazy Parrot Inn for lunch on their outside grill by the pool. Food is really great and fresh. In December and January (I don't know about March), the whales can be seen and surfing is second only to Hawaii. Wish I was going! Have fun..
Old Feb 10th, 2009, 04:41 AM

Can't tell you about Villa Cofresi, but we just got back from a 4-night stay in Rincon last night (loved it! Full report will follow at some point).

For lunches, we liked going to the surfer spots right on the beach -- try Calypso Cafe or Tamboo. We ate 2 great dinners at our hotel (the Horned Dorset), but they are rather dressy affairs that might not be what you have in mind. We had a fantastic tapas dinner at Casa Islena -- really, one of the highlights of our trip, as the chef really has a great touch with seafood.

My husband took surfing lessons -- it was really kicking during our visit. Your son might enjoy that.
Old Feb 10th, 2009, 06:39 AM
Original Poster

I'm looking forward to your report!