Search

Vaca with Kids.

Search this Thread

Old May 5th, 1999, 09:07 AM
Barbara

Vaca with Kids.

Come September my husband and I will be alone (yea, yeep!!!, sorry I got carried away). We would like to take a family vacation some place warm and sunny. Kids are 18 and 20 love the sun and beach and love to be active - snorkeling, scuba etc. Suggests on places to go would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Old May 8th, 1999, 09:48 AM
gord

The ultimate vacation has got to be a Southern Caribbean cruise. You can experience 5 or 6 different islands, fabulous food, tons of activities and very comparable in price to a land vacation. Feel free to e-mail me with specific questions.

Old May 8th, 1999, 10:02 AM
gord

The ultimate vacation has got to be a Southern Caribbean cruise. Where else can you experience 5 or 6 different islands, fabulous food, spectacular service and tons of activities for a price that is comparable to a land package? Feel free to e-mail me if you have any specific questions.

Old May 11th, 1999, 01:18 AM
Charlie

Definitely a vacation on a yacht is a must. Friends of mine, with kids the same age as yours went on a similar vacation. They chartered a crewed yacht in the Caribbean and were able to visit several different islands. The boat has four double cabins and all the mod coms of a hotel, air conditioning, T.V and video, telephone etc. Everything was included in the price and the food was superb. There was a 35hp inflatable with waterskiis, wakeboard, tube, sailing dingy, kayaks and full dive gear including a compressor, tanks BCD's, masks and fins. It sounds like that would be the kind of vacation you are looking for. If you would like more information the website is www.ireness.com of feel free to email me.

Old May 11th, 1999, 12:31 PM
Cheri

With kids that age I would look into a Windjammer cruise. Less stuffy and probably more enjoyable for the kids and mom and dad than a cruise on a big ship. We have been on 4 of the ships and can strongly recommend three of them. We have another booked for next spring. It's the best and most fun way to see the Caribbean.

Old May 30th, 1999, 05:35 AM
Michel

If a cruise is not for you, I recommend looking into the three following resorts. All offer great food and service, low-rise building, and a natural, lush environment: Club Oasis Akumal (Mayan Coast, Mexico), Point Village (near Negril, Jamaica), Sol Club Cayo Guillermo (Cuba). All three offer have great activities and have PADI dive centres. <BR>

Old May 30th, 1999, 05:42 AM
Alicia

Cruises make great vacations. Carnival & Royal Caribbean are good lines and have lots of activities for teenagers. The southern Caribbean (Puerto Rico, St. Thomas, Martinique, Guadaloupe, etc...) are part of this region. <BR> <BR>The Hyatt Cerromar in Puerto Rico has special family packages which you might look into, as well as El Conquistador Resort in Fajardo, P.R. <BR> <BR>Have a great trip.

Old May 30th, 1999, 06:40 AM
Michel

I forgot to mention that Point Village and Club Oasis Akumal offer great snorkeling right from the beach. <BR>

Old May 30th, 1999, 10:27 AM
diane

We took our teens to Cancun and the Yucatan one Christmas. We had a great time. We spent little timein Cancun itself, and I think Cozumel or Akumal or Playa del Carmen would be just perfect for a trip like this. The beaches are great, snorkel and scuba opportunities, you can daytrip to ancient ruins. And it is not terribly expensive.