Search

Roatan

Search this Thread

Old Oct 4th, 2000, 05:58 AM
Richard Pate

Roatan

I've noticed , there's little information about Roatan. It's been my home a long time and I don't mind answering Questions.

Old Oct 7th, 2000, 11:01 PM
Monique

Thinking of a diving trip to Bay Islands .Any suggestions for vacaton rental homes (for 4 adults, 3 kids)Can't find much information.

Old Oct 9th, 2000, 05:53 AM
jbrooks

Hi, <BR> <BR>I was wondering if Roatan would be a good location to have an extended vacation (3 - 6 months). I am curious as what to expect cost wise and what the main attractions are. I found a beach front 2 br villa we could rent for around $700 a month...but I am open to suggestions. <BR>Thanks!

Old Oct 12th, 2000, 05:11 AM
Richard Pate

Try these sites first, then e-mail any Questions.&lt;stic.net/roatan/roatanonline&gt;, &lt;roatanonline.com&gt;,&lt;roatanet.com.&gt;,&lt ;marrder.com.htw&gt;,&lt;honduras.com&gt;,&lt;pana mnet.net./gateway/honduras.html&gt;,&lt;hondurastips.honduras.com&gt ;. Each probably has it's own built in bias. E-mail me directly, and I'll try and help, clear these up

Old Oct 13th, 2000, 05:46 PM
Meg

Monique - we found a great beach house in West Bay Village on Roatan. (www.westbayvillage.com) We stayed in St. Mac's Villa - it's right on a GREAT beach with incredible snorkeling immediately in front of it. We had a rental car on our first trip there, but the road to West Bay is horrible. On our next trip, we used water taxis to get from West End (where the restaurants are concentrated) to West Bay.

Old Mar 1st, 2003, 10:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
taking a cruise and will be visiting roatan for a day in december 2003. would it be best to book a snorkle trip with cruiseline that goes to tabyana beach, or is there a cheaper way and better beaches that we can do on our own? We'll be there for 6 hours only. thanks in advance for your help.
Old Mar 2nd, 2003, 03:37 PM
k

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
We had a fabulous time on our own. We took a cab to 1/2 moon bay. nice little snorkel beach, great restaurant and a very pleasant way to spend the day. Also a heck of a lot cheaper.<BR>Try the coconut shrimp.