Search

Renting Villa in Roatan for February '11

Search this Thread

Old Nov 2nd, 2010, 11:14 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Renting Villa in Roatan for February '11

Hello,
My family and I are looking into an extended stay on the island of Roatan. I would love some information on areas outside of the touristed West End Bay. Since we will be there for a while, and we will rent a car, I thought it may be worth our while to stay away from the busy areas, and have a more secluded beach.
Any advice for me on what neighborhood I should look? I want to be away from the cruise ships also. Is there crime in Roatan that I should be aware of?
Thanks so much for any tips.
Old Nov 2nd, 2010, 12:20 PM

I'm bookmarking because I'm interested in this area too.
Old Nov 2nd, 2010, 06:09 PM

Try the West Bay area. We were on a cruise and only had 1 day of snorkeling & hanging on the beach at Bananarama. So, I can't really tell you about crime. However, we loved the island and West Bay area. As for secluded areas, experience tells me these can be the most dangerous. There is truth in the safety by number mantra.
Old Nov 4th, 2010, 06:53 AM
TC

While its been a few years and I'm sure things have expanded greatly, we did love the West Bay Beach area. We rented a private house from the West Bay Village. It was amazing. Steps from the water with the most beautiful snorkeling right from shore and a dive shop just down the beach. Although there are surely more places on this beach now, the little group of houses felt quite secluded and private. We rented St. Mac's Villa -- the large one on the top level. The front veranda is a spectacular place to sit with a big table and hammocks.

http://www.westbayvillage.com/
Old Nov 22nd, 2010, 02:55 AM

I would look in Sandy Bay area. Basically half way between airport and West End. Nice private and secluded beaches but not far from activities.
We have stayed at Seadancer (www.seadancer.net) which is reasonable and right on the beach. But there are some other places around the area based on your desires.