Turks & Caicos With An 18 and 21 Year Old

Jun 6th, 2002, 05:31 PM
Jan

Turks & Caicos With An 18 and 21 Year Old

Our family would like to spend Christmas here and will be looking for a resort that appeals to young people. Anyone been to one that might be suitable?

Jun 6th, 2002, 08:44 PM
Larry

Probably Club Med or similar resort on Grace Bay in Provo. Other islands are more remote. My wife and I spent a wonderful week in Middle Caicos..200 square miles, only 250 people on the island.

Jun 7th, 2002, 06:09 AM
John

Jan,

T&C is not known for much nightlife at all. It is known as a quiet place to hang on beautiful beaches, and get away from the crowds. Not sure what your 18 & 21 year olds are looking for, but they will not find a lot of action on T&C.

Jun 7th, 2002, 11:18 AM
Sharon

Not much nightlife for young people--suggest you stay at the Allegro All Inclusive Resort. We stayed at the Ocean Club next door to Club Med--C.M. didn't look that great but I could be wrong, might check previous posts. If you like Mexican food, Hey Jose is very good and Sharkbite is fun.

Jun 7th, 2002, 11:49 AM
Martina

Hi Jan,

If you aer loking for an active vacation with your children... dont go to Turks. But if all you want to do is lay around and veg Turks is the perfect place. Just want to warn you... very very sssssssssllllllllllooooooooowwwwww
place to vacation.

Jun 7th, 2002, 11:50 AM
Martina

Hi Jan,

If you are looking for an active vacation with your children... dont go to Turks. But if all you want to do is lay around and veg out Turks is the perfect place. Just want to warn you... very very sssssssssllllllllllooooooooowwwwww
place to vacation.

Jun 7th, 2002, 12:17 PM
Marian

I'm going for the first time in a few weeks. From everything I have read and seen Beaches is the best place to go with children.

Jun 8th, 2002, 04:54 AM
Marlette

18 and 21 year olds are adults--I dont think Beaches is for that age group. T&C has great beaches but for nightlife for this age group--not so great.

Sep 5th, 2002, 08:31 AM
cc

Hi Jan:

I've been to T&C many times. Wouldn't suggest it for 18&21 year olds.

Just my opinion.

Sep 5th, 2002, 09:07 AM
diann

My husband and I were there once. We stayed a Beaches. There were many children, the nighttime entertainment was a "Magic Show". It is a very laid back Island. Not terribly entertaining for 18 year olds unless they are content laying on the beach, reading a book, etc. or water sports enthusiasts. People rave about it, and it is pretty but I am in my 50's and I would not go back there. Just to quiet, and slow for me. My opinion only.

Sep 5th, 2002, 07:41 PM
chrissy

We were in T&C 2 years ago and stayed at beaches. We went out to the bars a couple times when we got a sitter for our son. We had and seen some wild times at the bars. Don't know if this happens often but we had a good time. I admit the actual entertainment the resort provides sucks. But we made our own fun.