Turks and Caicos - The Veranda

Old Feb 21st, 2010, 10:42 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Turks and Caicos - The Veranda

I am planning a trip to TCI for myself and my girlfriend (both in our late 20's) in mid April and am looking into staying at the Veranda. I understand this resort is brand new so I have some reservations about booking it and was hoping to get some feedback from people on here. Has anyone heard anything about this place so far? Either negative or positive? According to the Veranda's website it says the rate includes all-inclusive however it appears that there is only one main dining option at the resort, which gives me hesitation. Also, I understand that the Veranda is located right next to Beaches, which as I understand is a large family oriented resort. In that case is there risk that the beach could be overrun by families and children? I have nothing against kids but we are looking for a nice quiet vacation relaxing on the beach and would prefer a beach that is tranquil and uncrowded. Thanks in advance for any feedback on this topic as well as any other general tips and information you can provide.
Old Feb 21st, 2010, 01:17 PM

I've viewed it, but it's too soon to to tell you about people staying.

To my observations, there was 1 restaurant/bar. Food will be a la carte, and drinks are top shelf. The chefs seem to be tops in their fields, with the head chef coming from Bellagio in Vegas, and another chef having worked in numerous Ritz.

It is next to Beaches, but Grace Bay is 12 miles long, enough for everyone to find what they like.

Forgive me, but overall I don't see where quiet and All inclusive go together-although being a new resort, Veranda should be on the quiet side. Is there a reason that you want AI? Or what attracted you to Veranda in the first place?
Old Feb 21st, 2010, 03:23 PM

Check Trip Advisor forums, the reviews are good....
Old Mar 1st, 2010, 08:31 AM

Personally there are so many great restaurants on Provo, staying an all-inclusive may be limiting. Everything is five minutes away walking or driving. Reviews on Trip Advisor would be premature as it's a soft-opening to travel agents and writers and owners - who can write reviews.
Old Mar 11th, 2010, 09:53 AM

I apologize for all the questions but if someone could help me out I'd really appreciate it!

• Is there anything NOT included we should be aware of?
• Can you have unlimited drinks during the day at the pool / bar?
• It looks like it’s extra to have the fridge in your room stocked with beer / wine but room service is included?
• Are any other restaurants included in the All Inclusive price (offsite)?
• Are there any specific things you wish you would have done / brought / asked for in advance that we should be aware of?

Thank you so much for all your feedback & help!
Old Mar 11th, 2010, 10:08 AM

I saw your posts on TA.
You should ask the Veranda Resort directly, it's too new to know your answers, they just opened a month ago!

They are eager to please, and promote themselves as a upscale luxury all inclusive, but really those are questions to ask directly, as they just recently opened.

Spa is separate and has a charge.
To my knowledge, you can have unlimited drinks at the pool.
For a charge to stock fridge, I'd do it myself.
No offsite restaurants included, you're on your own there off property.

Again, only open for a month, too soon to ask the last question! ;-)