Turks and Caicos Boutique shops

Old Jan 22nd, 2008, 02:48 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Turks and Caicos Boutique shops

After being in St. Barths last winter I was spoiled with the fantastic shopping and unique boutiques that Gustavia had. We are going to the Turks the first week of March. How is the shopping? Any unique boutique stores? Jewelry, handbags, clothing are my top priorities. Art?
Old Jan 22nd, 2008, 03:37 PM
KVR

Unless things have changed since 2006 there is not much shopping available. There was a couple of stores at the Ports of Call complex. I ended up buying souvinors at the airport coming back home.

I saw a women's tropical print shirt priced $96.00. I found almost the exact same shirt at Mervyns for $25.00.
Old Jan 22nd, 2008, 03:48 PM

Anna's Art Gallery (I think that's the name of the shop) on Salt Mills. You can drop some serious bucks on original artwork. She also has some lovely paintings on silk.

T&C is not a shopping destination.
Old Jan 22nd, 2008, 03:59 PM
Original Poster

Thats a bummer about the shopping. Does anyone know if you can fly from the Turks to St. Barths? If so, how long of flight is it?
Old Jan 22nd, 2008, 04:23 PM

More shops are opening, especially at Saltmills Plaza and the new Regents Plaza across the street from Saltmills (I noticed a difference between April and December), but I agree that Provo really isn't a shopping destination. I did buy a nice art print (beach scene) at Anna's Gallery at Saltmills plaza. Art Provo at Regents Plaza has some nice things too, and there is a new, expensive art gallery in Saltmills Plaza. I wouldn't buy clothes in Provo; it is very expensive compared to shopping in the US, and nothing I saw seemed unique in a good way, if you know what I mean! If you are into the local straw baskets, there is an artisan shop near Da Conch Shack in Blue Hills that sells those.

I don't think there are inter-island flights to many other Caribbean islands without going back to the US first, with the exceptions being other T&C islands and maybe some of the closer islands.