Turks and Caicos/Allegro on Grace Bay

May 15th, 2002, 03:29 PM
Denise

Turks and Caicos/Allegro on Grace Bay

Hi all,
We have finally chosen our vacation destination, and after much research, we have decided on Turks and Caicos! I am so excited!
We really were at a loss as to where to go. We considered Aruba, Bermuda, and the DOminican Republic. We searched on the internet, spoke to travel agents, etc....
We chose Turks because I am a beach fanatic. All I want in my vacation is a beautiful beach to park my ass on. I also like to snorkel and I heard it is fabulous there.
I also have a major seaweed phobia (stupid, but true) and according to the travel agent, Turks and Caicos is the place for me. Clean, clear, beautiful ocean....AHHHHH!!!!
PLease share with me your experiences of this island. We are staying at the Allegro in July.
Thanks!!
Denise

May 15th, 2002, 07:11 PM
DeniseNH

Bump!!! PLease respond!

May 15th, 2002, 08:34 PM
Denise

I am the other Denise and the Turks and Caicos are my favorite vacation destination! My husband and I went on our honeymoon and we also renewed our vows on the beach for our tenth anniversary. Snorkeling is fabulous.Take bugspray because they can be pesky at times. I was best friends with everyone in exchange for a spray.[the giftshop was sold completely out}
Have a great trip, we are going to the Caymans this year for a change.

May 16th, 2002, 10:17 AM
JMM

If you love beaches - You will be in heaven BUT bring lots of sunscreen - very little shade. For Snorkeling - face ocean, walk left along the beach for about 20-30 minutes (depending on how fast you walk),past Beaches resort, you will come to Coral Gardens/White House - You will probably see snorkelers - the fish start in waist deep water - dont neglect a pass over the turtle grass (to the right of the coral heads) - we have seen several turtles here. If you dont want to walk - just take a cab and ask for The White House/Coral Gardens and ask the driver to point out the path to the beach (about a minute walk from where the cab drops you) There is also good snorkeling at Smith's reef - near Turtle cove.

May 16th, 2002, 10:19 AM
anon

Ah Denise, you are a lifesaver.