Reload this Page >

BEST PLACE TO RENEW WEDDING VOWS FOR OUR 5 YEAR ANNIVERSARY

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 16th, 2002, 09:00 AM
Susan

My husband and I want to renew our wedding vows for our 5 year anniversary in the Caribbean. Any suggestions on a tropical destination? We would like a nice clean island that is safe too!<BR><BR>Also ladies, any suggestions on what to wear?<BR><BR>Thanks in advance!

Old May 16th, 2002, 09:13 AM
Trish

Is money an issue? Are you concerned about how much time running around might eat up? Also, do you have anyone going with you? All the islands have different requirements. My immediate thought when you said clean and safe was GC. I think you need to wear what feels right to you. I was Matron of Honor at a wedding in St. Lucia. The bride wore a nice cocktail dress and beautiful matching shoes that she ended up carrying as she couldn't walk across the sand in heels.

Old May 16th, 2002, 09:18 AM
Susan

Hi Trish,<BR><BR>Thanks for your advice! I'm sure there are other people out here that also would like to renew their vows, so figured this would be a good question to post.<BR><BR>If we renew our vows, it will just be my husband and myself!!<BR><BR>I thought about a white chiffon cocktail dress with my hair up and white flowers in my hair.<BR><BR>I thought it would be sexy to see my husband in white linen pants, and a tropical shirt. Of course sandals for me, that I can flip off when I get in the sand.<BR><BR>I thought it would be totally romantic to marry in the sand with barefoot feet!!

Old May 16th, 2002, 09:19 AM
Susan

Hi Trish,<BR><BR>Thanks for your advice! I'm sure there are other people out here that also would like to renew their vows, so figured this would be a good question to post.<BR><BR>If we renew our vows, it will just be my husband and myself!!<BR><BR>I thought about a white chiffon cocktail dress with my hair up and white flowers in my hair.<BR><BR>I thought it would be sexy to see my husband in white linen pants, and a tropical shirt. Of course sandals for me, that I can flip off when I get in the sand.<BR><BR>I thought it would be totally romantic to remarry in the sand with barefoot feet!!

Old May 16th, 2002, 09:35 AM
Holly

Sandals St. Lucia is beautiful!<BR><BR>Also Jamaica has some wonderful grounds for pictures, etc.

Old May 16th, 2002, 09:43 AM
ttt

ttt

Old May 16th, 2002, 09:46 AM
Marianne

Research the luxury property of Horned Dorset Primavera in Rincon, Puerto Rico (accessible by American Airlines Eagle to Mayaguez). New villas have also just opened on the 4 acre property. Cuisine has won many awards. <BR>Sandals is opening a new property at Rodney Bay in lush St. Lucia. Do not know what month you will be going, but check the climate to avoid rainy months. <BR>Francois Plantation in St. Barts is small and has an incredible view from the infinity pool. Cuisine at restaurant is considered one of the best places to dine in St. Barts.

Old May 16th, 2002, 09:57 AM
Sonja

For a very romantic resort, look into Hotel Villa Del Sol on Playa Ropa beach in Zihuatenejo Mexico (near Ixtapa)--an AAA Four Diamond property. Special arrangements can be made--see "fiestas" section at website. If you use Google you can enter the website.

Old May 16th, 2002, 09:59 AM
Marianne

Sorry for the previous post, I was thinking you were looking for a honeymoon destination!

Old May 16th, 2002, 10:22 AM
andrea

I did renew my vows in Jamaica back 19 1998. Most resorts on the island offer wedding packages. Most offer the service free if you stay there for a certain amount of nights. I communicated with the resort via e-amil and they arranged everything...my boquet, cake, photographer, etc.<BR><BR>The main reason for renewing my vows was that hubby and I had a cityhall wedding when we tied the knot in 1995. Thus, in my case, I wore a wedding gown with no sleeves. It was very humid in Negril, Jamaica at the time. Most of our pictures were taken in the garden of the resort and on the beach...we even took some pictures standing knee-deep in the water! All came out really nice.<BR><BR>The key is to wear a really nice dress since these pictures may be even nicer than your actual wedding photos due to the lush scenery of the islands.<BR>Andrea