COVID-19 Travel Advisory: Stay up to date with the latest on the coronavirus pandemic.   Learn More >

Trip report St Thomas/St John

Old Apr 22nd, 2003, 05:45 AM
Original Poster

Trip report St Thomas/St John

We just returned Monday from St Thomas. We had a greeat time, despite rain that they hadn't seen in 6 years! We managed to get 3 beautiful days in. We stayed at Secret Harbour. It was a nice place to stay. Plan on paying a lot for cabs, about a push for two people vs a rent a car. Someone else had the responsibility to drive. Dove from the shore at Coki beach with a guy named Chris at the Coki dive shops. One of the best dives I have ever had. 35$ per person and just the two of us and a guide. I have been to Roatan and Cozumel and this was my favorite!! We went to town one afternoon and had drinks at Greenhouse and p[layed Bingo and even won! Mr. Tablecloth has wonderful linens. Met the owner of Fajoli's, Ken, and he was friendly and anyone could go say hi and it would be a treat. Bloon Moon cafe was great, but even better was the Old Stone Farmhouse, chef's whim 5 course meal, it was to die for and worth every bit of the trip. Whale of a tale is wonerful also in RedHook. Make sure to split any platter as they are HUGE!! The Stone Cold Creamery in RedHook is worth the visit also. Quit a show. We went to St johns for the day and would love to go back and stay. We fell in love with it at first sight. Trunk bay was every bit as amazing as they say. If I can answer any other questions please let me know.
Old Apr 22nd, 2003, 07:45 AM

Hi,

We're going in July - 1st time, so glad to get the tips. Regarding the Old Stone Farmhouse - what type of menu did you have that time & what is pricing for the Chef's whim? Sounds interesting. Did you reserve way in advnce?

Also, I've heard of Fajoli's - what type of food/pricing for 2 -- also, reservations in advance or after you get there.

We're staying in Peterborg area (a villa) & plan to drive (my husband does great on left side - is it easy to get from that area (near Megan's Bay) around (especially at night?

Thanks, Lois
Old Apr 22nd, 2003, 08:53 AM
Original Poster

Old stone farm house was kind of a new york eclectic meal. Next to La Grenuille (sp) the best I have ever had. They have a full sushi menu which my husband not a big sushi fan. We had 5 courses 1 scallops with tomatos, next was sushi and a salmon type philo with seaweed topping.I am not the best describer. Our next course was shrimp, then followed by beef tenderloin. The dessert was wonderful, but at 110 pounds I was injuring myself. Cheesecake in chocolate, homemade rum raisen ice cream, vanilla, key lime tart with sugaar tower. They have a website also. Sorry about my spelling also. I reserved 3 days in advance. They have their own pastry chef and cook chef. The president, former, went there. It was wonderful. Ask for a table with a view, or the open windows. They were the only restaurant that didn't lose revervations, they knew you when you came in. Fajoli's is Italian and looked great I would recommend 4-5 days prior calling to both. Anthing else let me know.
Old Apr 23rd, 2003, 07:34 AM

Sounds like you had a wonderful time. My husband and I are going on June6th and we are also staying at Secret Harbour. Did you really enjoy your stay there?

Thanks for the ideas on where to have some good food!

Karin
Old May 6th, 2003, 09:11 AM
Original Poster

Yes we really did have agood time. stanley is the cab driver and very nice. You can arrange a pick up time after dinners around the island and he will be there.We did have rains of large porportion when we were there so the beach was a little murkey, but still lots of fish. I can imagine what it would be like totally clear. We also really enjoyed Coki beach for the day. Let me know if I can help with anything else.