Trip Report Part 3

Aug 9th, 2006, 09:00 AM
Original Poster

Trip Report Part 3

Trip Report Part 3: Aquamarine Beach Houses!!

Aquamarine Beach Houses is not only an amazing place to stay but the owners are the best as well. They came to our rescue when we were totally discouraged and very ticked off at being taken on VRBO. I had contacted Paula because I came upon their web sight a year earlier when we had just begun our trip planning. It was always our first choice, but out of our price range. I had asked Paula for a phone number for VRBO as all I had was an email address and I was getting no response. She not only supplied me with the phone number but restored my faith in VRBO and people. We were also given the opportunity to stay in the best villa on Grace Bay.

As soon as we arrived we were met at the airport by Sony’s Taxi, yes we rented a car but there was no way there was room for the 10 bags and 5 people in the Rodeo. Since they allow 2 bags per person we made sure we filled the extra 5 bags with things for the orphanage. We’ve learned to weigh and measure before you leave so you are not paying for over weight bags. It was so worth the extra balancing act. On the return flight the baggage guys were fighting over who would take our bags. It always pays to tip well. My husband followed the taxi and off we went to Aquamarine.

First thing we did was check out the view!!! Oh what a view, that water is simply amazing!! I could have sat and looked at it all day but no time for that we have an adventure to begin. My husband took the girls to the beach while I unpacked and got us settled. We stayed in the Sea Breeze Balcony Unit. It is a 3 bedroom with kitchen and living room and a bathroom. It has a great deck over looking paradise on earth. There are currently four houses at Aquamarine with another being built. At all times they had guests in them but to tell you the truth you would never know you’re not the only family there. We never had to wait for a tennis court, or share the pool, even the beach was our private oasis. Aquamarine has everything one would need and if you’re the type who likes to stay put on vacation this is a great place for you it has everything. It is also in walking distance to Coral Gardens as well as Smiths Reef. It’s away from the hotel strip so there is peace and quiet on the beach as well. We found everything in the water there that we found elsewhere. There were sharks, turtles, amazing fish, sand dollars and conch everything but a dolphin. Our only disappointment this vacation was not seeing a dolphin and we sure were in or on the water a great deal. I am still being teased about my only dolphin sighting. Shortly after we arrived while looking out the window I yelled look dolphins get the camera, well everyone ran over and looked then turned to me and told me to put my glasses on it was snorkelers I had seen. Needles to say I was reminded of that frequently. Look Dolphins, oh its snorkelers, was a frequent refrain followed by chuckles.

Anyone looking for a great place to stay with all the comforts of home plus an amazing setting would be very happy here. The owners Paula and John really love their place and are busy working on things all the time. They were very friendly and helpful. They gave us the best tip our last day. We went to the airport early in the day wearing our bathing suits. Checked in our luggage and got our boarding passes then headed to the beach for one last snorkel. Got to see two more turtles before we left, what a great way to end a vacation. Got to the airport in time to walk on the plane, truly wonderful, nothing you could ever do in NY.

As you can see we had a wonderful time..
Aug 9th, 2006, 01:13 PM

My sister is staying there in December, I'm sure she'll love it.
I'm loving your chapters!
Aug 9th, 2006, 03:26 PM
Original Poster

Blamona has she decided where she is getting married? She will love Aquamarine!!
Aug 11th, 2006, 04:32 PM

How did you get taken on VRBO? I rented from a private owner on another site and had no problems.
Aug 13th, 2006, 03:54 PM
Original Poster

The owner of the VRBO had pictures and description of one place but owned another and never let on any differently. Was not until months latter when I called to confirm with were I thought we were staying they had no knowledge of us. The owner is no longer on VRBO. Lesson learned, there are many reputable places on VRBO go with one that has a Known track record. We found Aquamarine on VRBO and were completly happy there.