Trip Report-just back from Provo

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 8th, 2009, 08:10 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

After all your help with planning our trip I wanted to say thanks and attemp a "Trip Report" Apologies if it is too long, too short, too much or not enough detail.

Monday-Arrived Provo, no problems en route. Quickly moved through the airport. Grace Bay Car rentals waiting for us with our van. Super nice fellow. Then off to the Regent Grand. WOW! Booked through VRBO and could not have been more pleased. 3 bdrm, corner unit. Views of gorgeous Grace Bay Beach. One side, empty lot with ongoing construction-no noise or big deal. Late Lunch at Danny Buoys across the street. Great Fish and Chips. Not a fan of the local beer, Turks Head?? Grocery, unpack and walk the beach. Early morning so early to bed!

Tuesday-Coffee on the balcony with that view! Could have sat there all week but didn't. Beach, pool, beach, pool. Boys went parasailing with Captain Marvin. Nice, informative fellow. Dinner at Bella Luna. Good food, Adjusting to the heat! Not overly friendly service but an enjoyable meal.

Wednesday-Balcony/view!!!!! Attempted to find Pelican Beach for the conch shells. THINK we found Long Bay Beach (?) found some conch shells there. Then beach, pool. Dinner at the Tiki Hut. Great food, exceptionally nice folks, view of the boats. Wow!

Thursday-Balcony/view (Ok so I started every morning the same way!) Family off to Coral Gardens and Windsong to snorkel. Schedule kids to SNUBA, no room for us. Beach, pool. Snacks and drinks at Regent Pool then take out pizza from Pizza, Pizza. Good stuff.

Friday-Same morning! Beach, pool. Shopped a bit. Had dinner at The Saltmills cafe. Good food. Really nice folks. Another great day........

Saturday-Snorkel Trip with Caicos Dream Tours. DelRoy and Ashley picked us up off the beach at the Grand. SUPER outing. Snorkeled, "hunted' for Conch. Took us to Half Moon Bay and checked out the Iguanas. Made us Conch salad. Really a good day. Back for pool time. Date night for us. Went to Magnolia wine Bar for wine and cheese (Pretty view) Yoshi for wine and sushi. (Really good) Infinity bar for Martinis. Go after dark for the full effect.

Sunday-Kids SNUBA'd with Jodi at Windsong and loved it. She was so calm and relaxed with them. I wish we would have booked earlier so we could have gone too. Back to pool at Regent then beach. Dinner at Hemminways. Huge portions, food just so so. I so dislike the last night of a great vacation...............

Monday-Up for last view, off to shop a bit. Dropped off van. Both flights a bit delayed, no big deal. Home and blue...................

We loved Turks and Caicos/Provo. The people are so friendly. The Regent Grand is beautiful, warm, welcoming staff that can't do enough for you. Their pool is so pretty. Definately somewhere we'd like to visit again.

The weather was steamy, hot, sunny, perfect! (One fellow told us it rained every day the week before, for hours at a time so we were glad we missed that!)

Thanks for your help. If I knew how to post pics I would. 'I'll see if my techie son can help. (Of course you all know what abeautiful place this is!)

Thank you all for your help. I'll try to answer any questions I can for those planning a trip.
Old Jul 8th, 2009, 02:36 PM

sounds like you had an excellent trip, especially first thing in the morning. one of these days i'm going to try snuba - it looks so cool. your 'date night' sounds great - especially the marini part. they built the infinity bar since my last time on provo so i haven't seen it in person yet - can't wait.
Old Jul 8th, 2009, 07:41 PM

Thanks for the great trip report. Glad you enjoyed your trip with Caicos Dream Tours and the kids enjoyed SNUBA, it's nice to know when a recommendation works out!
Old Jul 9th, 2009, 05:34 AM

Do you have pictures you could share? I need a beach fix.
Old Jul 9th, 2009, 08:45 AM

Thanks for the info...I'm headed there next week. I'll take note of your restaurant choices. Any others you recommend?
Old Jul 9th, 2009, 08:56 AM

Sorry, which restaurants did you enjoy most? It looks like Tiki Hut and Infinity Bar?
Old Jul 10th, 2009, 04:26 AM
Original Poster

Tiki Hut was fun and really friendly staff. Infinity Bar is cool for a drink after dark, (pricy). Yoshi is great if you like sushi. (AND it has AC) Bella Luna was really hot, good food but the staff seemed rather grumpy. Saltmill Cafe had great food, huge menu, AC and friendly. Danny Buoys was inside or outside, no AC, great staff and really good fish and chips. None of us were thrilled with Hemminways, but others seem to like it somaybe we cought them on an off night. Magnolia has a great view, wish we had tried dinner there.
Old Jul 14th, 2009, 08:09 AM

We are planning to stay a the Regent Grand in August with two teenagers. Did you walk or drive to dinner? Did you walk or drive to Coral Gardens? How was the snorkeling at Coral Gardens (we are bringing our own snorkel gear and hope to snorkel a lot)? Any pointers for teenagers? Anything we should know about the Regent Grand? Did you walk or drive to the grocery store? We are planning to rent a small car, but prefer to walk. Loved your trip report! Thanks.
Old Jul 14th, 2009, 07:22 PM
Original Poster

We drove to the Coral Gardens and Windsong to snorkel. It was ok. Really, for us, the best snorkeling was with Caicos Dream Tours. It's by a coral reef, so more to see. Walked to Danny Buoys, Saltmill Cafe, Yoshi, Bella Luna and Gormet Grocery. Regular IGA, Tiki Hut need a car. We loved the Regent Grand. Everyone was so friendly. As for teens, it just depends on who is there at the same time. Our kids are pretty good about keeping themselves busy.
Old Jul 15th, 2009, 02:45 PM

Sounds good! Thanks for the information.
Old Jul 15th, 2009, 05:38 PM

Thanks for the great trip report. You make me want to go back to T and C!