Search

Trip in August

Search this Thread

Old Feb 14th, 2005, 12:32 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Trip in August

Any suggestions for a week trip in mid-August. My wife and I have 7-8 days and we are looking for somewhere where we can relax and have things to do as well. Somehere in the Caribbean would ne nice, but we are concerned about potential hurricane season. South America is too cold that time of the year. We thought about the Mediterianean in Italy, but it is not the easiest place to get to and mid- August is vacation time there as well. Would love some suggestions. Thank you
Old Feb 14th, 2005, 07:28 PM

We went to Jumby Bay Resort in Antigua last August and had a great time. I posted a trip report after we got back. If you go to the Caribbean, I highly recommend trip insurance...we purchased it and it gave us great peace of mind last August during hurricane season (I think we used Travelex). Best wishes!
Old Feb 15th, 2005, 03:57 AM

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Aruba is a great caribbean destination in August. It is very low down near Venezula and has little effects from Hurricanes. Not to say it never gets hurricanes, but it is very rare. There are some very nice hotels-Hyatt, Radisson, Marriott and Bucuti. Iwould look into these and see if they are for you!
Old Feb 15th, 2005, 04:51 PM

We go to St.John in August....we'll be there this year...and we love it. It is slightly less crowded, but generally you don't notice much difference. There is just as much live music and activities to do. While it is technically the beginning of hurricane season, we don't really worry about it. Last time we were there it didn't even rain once which was better than when we went in April back a few years! Good Luck in finding your perfect place!
Old Feb 15th, 2005, 05:06 PM

From Barbados on south to Grenadines, T&T, ABC, hurricanes are very rare. Also Hawaii.