Search

Traveling with kids

Search this Thread

Old Sep 28th, 2003, 06:59 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Traveling with kids

My husband & I with our two kids 4 & 1 are looking to go away for a month to a carribean island in November. We are looking for suggestions and some affordable accommidations. We would like to rent a house or a villa on the beach somewhere. Any suggestions or information how I might find what I'm looking for?
Old Sep 29th, 2003, 05:54 AM

Get a copy of Caribbean Travel and Life and go to the classifieds in the back pages. Pretty nice mag too.
Old Sep 29th, 2003, 06:09 AM

You can find plenty of vacation rentals if you do a google search for "caribbean vacation rentals". Some of the sites where I've seen listings include vrbo.com & 10kvacationrentals.com. If you're traveling from the U.S., Puerto Rico is a good option for ease of travel with children (lots of direct flights, no passports) & a very child-friendly location. In addition to the sites mentioned above, a good PR-specific rentals site is prwest.com.
Old Sep 29th, 2003, 05:34 PM

I second the recommendation for Caribbean Travel & Life, it is a first class publication..... and after they featured The Reef as their "Editors Pick" in the Sep 03 issue, I've even started advertising in it
Old Sep 30th, 2003, 05:41 PM

visit isla-mujeres.net
check out places to stay on the tool bar on the left of home page.
recommend the two flats that are handled by the Playa Media Luna
Old Oct 2nd, 2003, 07:04 AM

A year or so ago I stumbled onto a website silversands.com, it is a gated villa community in Jamaica about 45 minutes from Montego Bay (I think). It's on the beach, depending on the rental, has a playground and tiki bar and the villa comes with a cook housekeeper. They have free shuttles to Falmouth and from the airport. I thought their rates for certain villas were very reasonable. I just haven't had a chance to try it yet. Hope this helps, Have fun, how great to have a month!