Travel Destination for Single Guy

Oct 24th, 2019, 10:37 AM
Original Poster

Travel Destination for Single Guy

I'm a single guy (40's) looking for a 2-4 week vacation in the Caribbean during the month of November. Sun, beaches, boating and other single people preferred. I'm pretty active and would love to meet up with other single like minded people. I'm not on a tight budget so something comfortable preferred. I'm a licensed boat captain and have sailed (bare boat) in both BVI & Belize, however have not spent much time in resorts, hence the post. Any recommendations would be appreciated.

Last edited by TravelN4Fun; Oct 24th, 2019 at 10:54 AM. Reason: more details
Oct 24th, 2019, 11:25 AM

Do you mean to spend 2-4 weeks at only one resort? Is that what you are asking about?

I travel solo but for me would want something independent. I think it's tricky to be around only other single people unless you do the Club Med kind of a thing. Most interesting places are going to be a mix of all kinds of folks.

Oh also, you've posted the Europe forum. There is a separate branch for questions about the Caribbean.
Oct 24th, 2019, 06:21 PM
Forum Moderator

Moved to the Caribbean Forum
Oct 24th, 2019, 06:30 PM
Original Poster

I would probably stay in one spot for up to two weeks. If I extended my time there behind two weeks it would most likely be to another destination I learned about along the way.
Oct 25th, 2019, 01:36 PM

Aruba has nightlife, white sandy beaches, and you can rent a timeshare in a resort which will give you more facilities for staying longer. Restaurants are good so don't get an all inclusive thing. Bonaire is not far and that has great scuba diving.
Puerto Rico also has resorts, and nightlife and everything you are looking for.

I say nightlife because you are single, so obviously you will want to go out and meet people.
Oct 25th, 2019, 02:02 PM

Tropical places I have been to solo and would return include - Negril Jamaica, Puerto Vallarta, Cabo San Lucas, La Paz Mexico, Honolulu Hawaii.

I personally just don't think a "resort" is where you are most likely to find other single like-minded people. Nor would I want to stay within a resort compound for 2 weeks at a time.

Any interest in renting an apartment or condo in an interesting city with lots to see and do?
Oct 26th, 2019, 06:11 AM

I've met plenty of single people while at resorts. The activities they offer provide many opportunities to meet other people.
The suggestion of Puerto Rico is a good one as there is a lot to do right on the island and it is close to US Virgin Islands if you want to visit them.