Search

Cauracao in November

Search this Thread

Old Oct 22nd, 2019, 08:34 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cauracao in November

Hi,

I"m looking for help. I'm a solo female traveler planning a trip to Cauracao in November. I read that City Suites & Beach hotel is in the center of town and within walking distance to everything. Is this a good hotel? Would I need a car? Is this island a spot for a solo female traveler looking to clear her head for a 7-day trip? Is it easy to get from airport to the hotel? Any suggestions or help would be great?

Thanks,
Old Oct 22nd, 2019, 11:13 PM

I don’t know this hotel but as you say it’s near town. Personally I prefer the hotel area outside of town, at Piscadera, the beaches are likely to be better. Perhaps you chose it because of the proximity to town.

You don’t need a car if you are just going to be in Willemstad but a car is convenient if you want to tour the island, else take an organised tour. Take a taxi from the airport to your hotel. Curaçao is a large, busy island with beautiful beaches in some areas. I personally would not find it relaxing to be staying in town.
Old Oct 23rd, 2019, 08:03 AM
Original Poster

I appreciate your tip. Would you suggest staying outside of Willemstead and getting a car to see the entire island? Do you have any tour company that you enjoyed when you were there? Any tips and suggestions would be helpful?
Old Oct 24th, 2019, 07:59 AM

We stayed at the Marriott Curacao and rented a car, drove all around the island. Whether I would do that if I was on my own, not sure. Willemstad has alot of very interesting architecture, markets etc but it is a busy place. Close to the Marriott are other hotels and I remember a few beach bars. The beach immediately outside the Marriott was a bit rocky but a few yards along it was all sand.
Old Oct 29th, 2019, 01:10 PM

Twins in Curacao

you need to rent car. You will want to explore all beaches. Download MapsMe app. Its an offline mapping that will give you directions. Twin sister and i just bought house near Blue Bay resort. We are in U.S. right now visiting parents. We will be home in Curacao couple weeks. Please let us know if can help while you are there.