Travel Channel's 10 best beaches

Aug 28th, 2002, 06:52 PM
RichF

Travel Channel's 10 best beaches

I read that Paradise Island's (Cabbage) Beach was listed as one of the 10 most beautiful as per the Travel Channel. Was that true? Does anyone know the other 9?

I can name ten beaches on Anguilla and St. John alone, more beautiful than Cabbage Beach. In the Bahamas, Harbour Island, Eleuthra, Abaco, Long Island and Cat Island have the most incredible beaches. Don't get me wrong, I love Paradise Island and Nassau, however I would not put those beaches in my top ten. Well maybe I'm not too upset I missed Travel Channel's show.

Aug 28th, 2002, 07:34 PM
kevin

Many of those top 10 lists are available at the TC's website.

Personally I think most of those lists are half baked. I disagree heartily with many of them.

But what's the real purpose of those lists?
It's to get people talking about the TC.
So they've accomplished their goal.

Aug 29th, 2002, 04:36 AM
tc sucks

Just remember, the TC SUCKS now. It used to be a good channel with shows that actually dealt with travel, but now all it does is crap like Ten Best Hot Dogs In New Jersey, Top List Of Killer Bees, Ten Best Boob Jobs In LaLa Land, and on and on. They have not shown a real travel show in the last couple of years. When it first started it was our favorite channel, with lots of Rick Steves, Burt Wolfe, and many other people, and shows that actually dealt with TRAVEL. It is now just pure bull-sh*t.

Aug 29th, 2002, 05:19 AM
Mary

Not to mention there seems to be commercials every 7 or 8 minutes. I don't watch anymore cuz I'm tired of being inundated with all the ads (same with Comedy Central).

Aug 29th, 2002, 05:29 AM
Chris

Yea, whatever happened to Ian and Justine?

Aug 29th, 2002, 06:07 AM
tivertonhouse

Ian and Justine are now recycled from Lonely Planet series into the Globetrotter series on PBS. (The originals are now almost 10 years old).The Hunter Reno pieces are also pretty dated, if resyndicated. Travel Channel is unfortunately now Vegas in style, promotions, content.

Aug 29th, 2002, 09:46 AM
Julia

I didn't see the show but I sure hope they mentioned Megan's Beach on St. Thomas or Trunk Bay on St. Johns