Search

Tours in St Lucia

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26th, 2002, 07:45 AM
jworth

Tours in St Lucia

Hello, <BR><BR>We'll be in St Lucia in mid June and was wondering if anyone could recommend any tours of the island or any snorkling groups that they have enjoyed. We'll be staying at Jalousie in the south. Thank you for your help!

Old Mar 26th, 2002, 08:16 AM
Mary

I'd recommend the Brig Unicorn (large replica of the ship used in Roots), either the day or sunset sail. Do a text search (above) for lots more talk on this subject. <BR><BR>The snorkeling in St. Lucia is nothing to write home about but I believe the day trip offers it. Marigot Bay had the best snorkeling that we found but I don't think there are any organized trips for that. We did the Brig sunset cruise and consider it a highlight of our trip.

Old Mar 26th, 2002, 08:47 PM
eric

Rec: Land and Sea. Sea the sites, the Pitons, the Bottanical Gardens and the Volcano. Plus see the sights from a party boat on the way back and have an opportunity to snorkel. Best value for the money!

Old Mar 27th, 2002, 04:00 AM
Kay

My husband and I spent our honeymoon in St. Lucia staying at Ladera right up the hill from the Hilton. We loved the sunset cruise we took on the Brig Unicorn, teh water taxi ride out to see the Pitons from water, excursion over to Anse Chastanet's beach, dinner at hte Bang on Wed night for their floor show. YOu can read my full trip report and see my pictures at www.seashelltravel.com<BR><BR>

Old Mar 27th, 2002, 04:54 AM
Beth

Hi,<BR>I would highly recommend Tom Trim of Trim Tours. www.trimtours.com The tour was both educational and entertaining and you see a part of the island that most tourists do not visit. Tom has a vast knowledge of the history of the island. It was definitely a fun day. He took us to the Maria Islands at the southern tip of St. Lucia. Tom operates out of Castries, but could maybe meet you at some point in between Castries and Soufriere. He did pick us up at Marigot Bay.

Old Apr 1st, 2002, 11:38 AM
Stacy

We took a very exciting Jeep Safari tour of the rainforest. They pick you up in the open-air jeep, drive to Soufriere, where you hike down many stairs (Pete said there were over 1000), go to a waterfall to swim and cool off, then hike back up. The hike back up wasn't as bad as you would think because he went very slowly, stopping to look at things on the way. The scenery was beautiful and our guide, Pete, was very knowledgable and fun. Not usually included, THIS tour also got a complimentary tour of the Soufreire hospital. The brakes on the jeep failed resulting in a roll-over accident. The driver was very quick and prevented what could have been a more serious situation. No one was seriously injured and most continued on with the tour using a Taxi. Accidents can happen anywhere. Jeep Safari Tours have a good reputation and I bet will now be even more aware of maintance on these old army jeeps.

Old Apr 2nd, 2002, 08:14 AM
Edye

Just got back yesterday from Jalousie and can honestly tell you while we were there, very few people were inclined to leave the grounds to tour. The hotel's location btw the Pitons is so spectacular, you just don't want to move. Snorkling right at Jalousie was beautiful, those who went to Anse Chastenet said it was not worth it. We loved the resort! Don't bother going up north to Castries. Have a great time.