Search

Toby's Resort?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 6th, 2005, 05:56 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Toby's Resort?

Has anyone ever stayed at Toby's Resort in Montego Bay? I have a reservation there next week for my teenage daughter and I. Got a good price, just hope the place is not a dump. As long as it is clean and comfortable, that is all the matters to us. We want to spend most of the time at the beach. Thanks for any info. Any suggestions for places to eat, or sight see in Montego Bay would be greatly appreciated!!
Old Feb 7th, 2005, 10:10 AM

I'm not familiar with Toby's but for eating out make sure you do at least one meal at the Native - good food, price, sit outside on the verandah. Ghuangzhou had very good Chinese food, OK ambiance, just off the Hip Strip.

Margaritavillle has a neat slide off the roof and water trampolines but the food is pricey and American....worth a stop by for a drink though.
Old Feb 8th, 2005, 08:38 AM

Did you book with Worry Free Vacations by any chance? I saw a great deal with them for this resort and thought about it but couldn't work out the timing. I would like to hear about your experience when you return?
Old Feb 8th, 2005, 05:07 PM
Original Poster

I booked on expedia and got a good rate for weekend of Feb 17-21. I will post a report when I get back.
Old Feb 18th, 2005, 10:32 PM

iseen alittle of it, not much but it looked a spring break kind of place. breezes is better than that but rooms are tiny unless you have a suite, tiny like a ship's cabin room
Old Feb 19th, 2005, 03:28 AM

Places to eat: THE HOUSEBOAT GRILLE in the cruiseship port; AKBAR for Indian food across from Doctor's Cave beach;THE PELICAN BAR & GRILLE for cheeseburgers/ice cream, comfort-craving food as well as Jamaican --sort of a 50s diner place where the local politicos hang out.