Honeymoon Help Rockhouse and Halfmoon

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19th, 2007, 06:39 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello-someone help please! I am getting married NYE, and honeymooning Jan 2-10, would like to split the week 3 nights at a more secluded quiet relaxing place, and the rest of the trip at a resort.

Did research and booked Rockhouse for 3 nights and Half Moon for 5. I am willing to change. We are not into Sandals type resorts, but dont want to be bored....are these hotels a good combo? We are from NJ and NY and enjoy more upscale accomodations. I know Rockhouse is not that, but it seems eclectic, and we booked a superior villa. Are you able to get to a beach at Rockhouse?

Contacted a travel agent, and she said that Sunset at the Palms was a 3.5 stars, better than Rockhouse and she said to pair it with Grand Lido Negril? Now im reading about CAVES, JAKES, etc. all about 750 a night! Yikes.....and what about Half Moon, regular room, for a honeymoon, I hear the beach is Rocky....

Does anyone have a perfect hotel pair combination for us????

HELP...please...lost in NJ
Old Jun 19th, 2007, 07:02 PM

The first thing I'd say is that you should forget all the "star" nonsense and rather pick a resort that fits your personality and expectations.

I think Rockhouse and an upscale resort is a nice combination. It's easy enough to get to the beach from Rockhouse if you take a short taxi ride. I might choose Round Hill instead of Half Moon because Round Hill is a much smaller and more tranquil resort. Half Moon is very nice but very large and busy (and a lot of kids). Just my two cents.

Grand Lido is nice if you want an all-inclusive. The Caves is a more upscale alternative to the Rockhouse, which is just fine in my opinion. And the superior villas are actually quite nice.

I wouldn't recommend Jakes for you, though not because it's bad but rather because it's so distant from the airport in MoBay. That's a long drive.

THe nice thing about splitting your trip between Negril (first) and MoBay (second) is that you start moving back toward the airport for the second half of your trip so you have to leave a little later to go home, which is a good thing. Enjoy.
Old Jun 20th, 2007, 05:10 AM

I'd say forget MoBay. Stay in Negril and pend a few days up on the cliffs (rockhouse or The Caves) and a few days at the beach (Moondance, Nirvana, lot's of choices (not AI though!!!!!).
Old Jun 20th, 2007, 05:46 AM

Skip Mo Bay. Do 3-4 days at Rockhouse and 3-4 days at Moondance Villas. You will not regret it. My wife likes more upscale accomodations and she fell in love with Rockhouse. Negrl is very laid back and there is plenty to do to keep you busy. Check into www.negril.com message board too. Everyone there will be sure to help you make your choices
Old Jun 20th, 2007, 01:00 PM

We were at the Caves in March. I have a detailed trip report here somewhere if you search The Caves. The place is magical. It is worth every penny. The food is fantasticd and the sunset hot tub and cave dinner make it worth it. Great Place. We walked through the Rockhouse property. Very nice, but more of a typical small resort feel. You could split The Caves and Sunset at the Palms or another beach hotel like Idle a while. Half Moon getsgreat reviews and I've heard that Round hill is nice. If you want a trip that is not going to be at a typical resort...go for the caves and pick a less expensive option for the rest of your stay. MoonDance Villas is beautiful but also priced along the lines of the Caves. Tensing Pen is a beautiful cliff property too, but not the special feel of the caves. We are heading back and I usually don't go to the same resort twice as there are so many islands and amazing resorts. Good luck