to old?

Old Apr 14th, 2006, 05:22 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
to old?

we are a couple in our 60's. fairly active, and was looking for imput on whether Sandals, Beaches or Club Med vacations are places to go to for people our age.
thanks in advance
Old Apr 14th, 2006, 05:43 AM

I think you'd be more likely to see older couples at Sandals or Couples resorts (rather than Beaches or Club Med). But if you are going to the lavishly renovated Buccaneer's Creek in Martinique, I wouldn't be surprised if you saw older couples there since the place is much more elegant than your typical Club Med. You should also check out the Grand Lido resorts on Jamaica; those skew a little more to the older side. But you'll see people of all ages at these resorts. Beaches is more family-oriented, Club Meds vary, and Sandals does get a lot of honeymooners.
Old Apr 14th, 2006, 07:48 AM

We are in our mid-fifties and we were a little worried about being "too old" when we took our first Sandals vacation. Well let me tell you, we had an absolutely wonderful time and we are "hooked".

We found the "couples only and childless vacation" refreshing. Our first Sandals was in St Lucia where we stayed at the Regency. It was very lively and we could live with lively in that we are older but not yet dead so we like to dance and have fun. If you go to St Lucia, you can stay at one and visit the other 2 (they provide transportation) so you have many restaurants and nightly entertainment to choose from

My favorite resort in St Lucia is the Sandals St Lucia Grande which is beautiful and I think the atmosphere is more quiet. If you get a chance to visit Jamaica, I highly recommend Sandals Whitehouse. It is a new resort (just open Feb 2005) and every room has a view of the ocean. It's own a massive white sand beach and you can even slurge for a suite that comes with your own butler.

I have had nothing but positive experiences at all of the Sandals Resorts that we have visited and you will meet people that are in every age group.
Old May 21st, 2006, 06:12 AM

You will love Sandals. Also in our 60's, I worried about the same thing when we first went but there were plenty of older people there, like us...and I agree with the poster who said 'not yet dead' Ha!!!! Ideas about what age actually is old changes the older you get!!!
We love Sandals Antigua and have been 3 times. In the summer there are lots of young honeymooners, and some older honeymooners too. In the winter around Christmas, there were more older people than in summer. Both times, all ages mingled and had fun with each other. We, and other older couples, enjoyed some of the crazy beach and pool games right along with the 20 somethings, and liked watching even if we wanted to sit them out. (Also, there are many pools that are quieter if you want to escape the cheers and fun of the games.)
We stayed at the Regency St. Lucia one April, used all 3 resorts there, and again there was a nice mix of ages, many older couples. The beach at Regency was red flagged against swimming due to rough waters the whole week, so we shuttled to another Sandals (20 minutes).I loved the Regency except for that.
At both Sandals, we enjoyed dancing every night, a late night piano bar when we were not too tired from the kyack races,and various entertainment.(They do a beach party (fire dancers limbo contests...not my favorite.)

Sandals treats us well. Once you go, you become a signiature guest and there are perks with that. We love the food, although admittedly are not fussy, so others might not agree, but there are several restaurants to choose from. We have had spa treatments, taken out the sailboats, paddle(bike type)boats,and I even tried waterskiing. They have ample pool towels, lots of interesting drinks, and even have a paperback library if you need a book! The grounds are beautiful. Each evening at around 5, we would bring a bottle of champagne back to our room and enjoy great conversation on our balcony before dressing for dinner.
We definitely would go to Beaches too, but we would want to bring the granddaughters to enjoy Elmo.
I hope this helps.
Old May 25th, 2006, 06:47 PM

too = also or very

to = toward, going

two = 2

You need too. Just helping.
Old May 26th, 2006, 05:59 AM

Forget Beaches unless you want to be surrounded by kids.

I highly recommend Couples Swept Away for an active vacation in a beautiful resort. I think Sandals attracts a younger, partying crowd, at least it has in my many visits there (when I liked that sort of thing).

Grand Lido Braco is also a solid choice IF a fabulous beach is not mandatory.