The Reefs - Bermuda

Jan 4th, 1998, 05:05 AM
Melanie Seibel

The Reefs - Bermuda

Would like some first hand info on this resort, has anyone stayed here recently? How was the food, the amenities, the staff, the beach, etc. We stayed at their sister property, Nisbet Plantation 7/97 on Nevis and loved it. Would appreciate any info

Jan 5th, 1998, 01:13 PM
karen o

My husband and I stayed at The Reefs for our honeymoon. What a great place! The staff and service were exceptional and the food was delicious. I have heard regulars book a year in advance. Worth every penny!!

Any additional questions, feel free to email me.

Jan 6th, 1998, 03:23 PM
vick snyder

we are thinking of going back to Bermuda after 6years and thought the Reefs might be an option. Looks like it is expensive. Was wondering, how much for two people for 7 days, is it all inclusive?

Jan 6th, 1998, 03:24 PM
vick snyder

we are thinking of going back to Bermuda after 6years and thought the Reefs might be an option. Looks like it is expensive. Was wondering, how much for two people for 7 days, is it all inclusive?

Jan 7th, 1998, 12:54 PM
Laura

The Reefs is a beautiful, classy property! My husband and I stayed there last July and will never stay anywhere else. It is expensive, but actually cost us less than our previous trips to Bermuda in 1990 and 1995 when we stayed at the Sonesta. The Sonesta is a very nice hotel, but you get more for your money at the Reefs and because it is a small property, the whole atmosphere is much more relaxed. The food was excellent; the service great in every category; more amenities than at the Sonesta - I could go on and on! It's no wonder they book very quickly. Have you checked out their website? www.thereefs.com. If you decide to stay there, you will not regret it. Feel free to e-mail for any more specific questions that you might have.

Sep 8th, 1998, 07:26 AM
Lara

As of Septmeber 1998, Sonesta was less than Reefs. Sonesta has much more amenities and activities than the Reefs: organized tennis program, daily activities such as walks and bike rides, aerobics, full spa, kids program.

Sep 8th, 1998, 04:05 PM
Don

Having stayed at both the Reefs and the Sonesta I can say, you can't go wrong at the Reefs. Compare the price of a deluxe room (ocean view) at the Reefs with a Superior room at the Sonesta (bay view) -- the Reefs costs less. This is with MAP at both hotels. As far as amenities go, if organized walks and bike rides and kids programs are important, stay at the Sonesta. If you want in-room amenities (safe, refrigerator, robes, in-room drinks upon arrival, etc., etc.) go to the Reefs. Class all around!

Sep 9th, 1998, 08:40 AM
Becky H.

Have read wonderful things about the Reefs-has anyone been recently? What was your experience? Was it worth the cost? Is there another "hotel" you would recommend?

Sep 9th, 1998, 10:56 AM
Laura

Bermuda has many fine hotels, large & small, as well as cottage colonies. The Reefs is in the small hotel category. We stayed there last summer and thought it was worth every single penny -- a dream vacation! Feel free to e-mail me any time if you have specific questions about this hotel.