Reload this Page >

The perfect place in the Caribbean

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 19th, 2002, 11:43 AM
Laurie

Looking for the perfect place in the Caribbean to stay.Looking for a beautiful upscale resort, that has calipso music, resturants outside, on the beach. Lively.

Old Nov 19th, 2002, 12:01 PM
Nancy

Cap Juluca, Anguilla. Beautiful, upscale, 1 restaurant on the beach, 2 others on the water's edge. Most of Anguilla's restaurant are open air.

Old Nov 19th, 2002, 12:47 PM
Ted

Laurie,<BR><BR>Your request is quite vague, and there are too many options that would meet your description. If you list out the things that are most important, being as specific as possible, you will probably get a better response. Upscale,on the beach, calypso, outside restaurant descibes a huge number of destinations.

Old Nov 19th, 2002, 12:56 PM
Randi

After visiting many caribbean upscale resorts/islands and having just returned from Cap Juluca last week, I have to agree. The vacation was 99% perfect. The 1% we did not like was that small children (we saw 6 mos to 7 yrs old) were allowed. As there are no children's programs, they were quickly bored and caused quite a disturbance on the beach and at several dinners. Sorry all you parents out there, but for those of us that leave our children at home or do not have any, it is quite unfair! Nothing puts the kabash on a romantic dinner than a loud demanding 4 year old to the left of you and a table of 3 rowdy children all under 6 running around and yelling. Other than that the island and the resort are a slice of heaven. If they restricted children under 12, I may not have gone home!<BR><BR>As for the island itself - off the resort it is not lush, rather flat and dry and scrubby. But the open air restaurants, friendly people and beautiful beaches are the best! <BR><BR>

Old Nov 19th, 2002, 01:02 PM
x

I had no idea the allowed little children at Cap Juluca. That just doesn't seem like the place to bring small children. What a disapointment. No knock against children, I have two, but I always though Cap Juluca didn't allow little ones.

Old Nov 19th, 2002, 01:06 PM
nnn

Without a doubt - Cap Juluca on Anguilla -I agree with everything the posters said before me. I didn't have the same 'children' experience - but I'm sure it changes all the time.<BR>Luxurious, casual, laid back, friendly, amazing restaurants, gorgeous beaches, just enough nightlife....a couple of bars, dinner on the beach, candlelight, massages, the most beautiful marble bathrooms! I could go on and on....

Old Nov 19th, 2002, 01:19 PM
Jen

The Four Seasons on Nevis is a pretty perfect place in my opinion.. Honeymooned there a few months ago, and can't wait to go back someday... there was a steel drum band nearly every night (thus meeting your calypso requirement), and even the inside dining rooms had portions on a screened in porch. There's also an outdoor dining room/bar (it was open every day for lunch and evening hours and for dinner most nights but not all).<BR><BR>Rooms are fantastic, food amazing and the service was impeccable. The resort is gorgeous, as is the island. The people are so nice as well. It has one of the nicest golf courses in the Caribbean and some pretty great tennis courts too. <BR><BR>All in all, i can't come up with anything bad about it, except that it is a bit pricey.

Old Nov 19th, 2002, 01:33 PM
Nancy

Randy - What a shame about the children. There were young children there during our stay. I guess we were lucky.....they were well behaved. I seem to remember when we were in the main house one day a mother and her daughter (about 10) were talking to the concierge and I heard the mother ask the concierge what time she could pick up her daughter. So they must have something for children. <BR><BR>Even though the island is flat and dry, it doesn't matter......it is a slice of heaven with the most beautiful beaches, above excellent food and the friendliest people!

Old Nov 19th, 2002, 02:21 PM
Randi

Just got back and can't wait to return...Cap was the most relaxing, vacation. The in room couples massage was wonderful. Even with the children about, it was great. Renting a car and exploring this beautiful island is a must! The people of Anguilla are warm and genuine. The food is superb......I can go on and on but I won't, you get the idea. Until next November!