The Iberostar Brand...which resort

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 4th, 2008, 07:56 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There are so many...what are your thoughts on this brand? Which resorts are adult only? I want adult only, on a nice beach, nightlife (or within walking distance), upscale accomodations.
Old Nov 4th, 2008, 09:38 AM

As far as I know, Iberostar has only one brand, Iberostar, and they have no adults-only hotels.

I like these resorts and think they have a good product at a moderate price point. Some of the resorts are better than others, but they are remarkably consistent.

Many people think the Mexico resorts are better than those in Jamaica or the DR ... I don't see a huge difference. It's better to choose a resort based on where you want to go. Want to see Mayan pyramids? Then definitely Mexico. Want just the beach? Then the DR might be better since these resorts can be a little cheaper.
Old Nov 4th, 2008, 11:46 AM
Original Poster

Thank you for that information. I want luxury and their price is right, but there are so many options.
Old Nov 4th, 2008, 02:13 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Iberstar DOES HAVE ADULTS ONLY RESORTS! The Iberostar Paraiso Grand in Mexico's Riviera Maya is luxurious and is adults only.
They are also building an Iberostar Grand in Punta Cana but I'm not sure that is open yet. That will also be adults only.
The IB Paraiso Grand would suit your needs perfectly. It has some nightlife right there. It is not within walking distance of a town though. It is about a 20 minute taxi ride to Playa del Carmen.
Old Nov 4th, 2008, 06:00 PM
Original Poster

Thanks I'll check that out!
Old Nov 5th, 2008, 09:44 AM

Sorry, but Iberostar Paraiso Riviera Maya is not an adults-only resort. There might be an adults-only pool or even a section, but the resort has a kids club and kids facilities. I just want to reiterate that I"m not aware of a single Iberostar resort that is adults-only.
Old Nov 5th, 2008, 09:48 AM

I spoke too soon and didn't do my research carefully. The forthcoming Iberostar Grand in Punta Cana will be adults-only. I think it should be open by December, but you should make sure the resort is taking reservations then.

There may be more Iberostar "Grand" resorts that are adults-only, so definitely keep looking.

There are several other adults-only resorts in Punta Cana, including the Excellence (though it's kind of far from the airport).
Old Nov 5th, 2008, 09:49 AM

And my apologies to schmerl, by the way, who is correct about the Paraiso Grand in the Riviera Maya as well.
Old Nov 5th, 2008, 09:54 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for the feedback and clarification.
Old Nov 5th, 2008, 12:40 PM

Thanks for the apology. Having been to the IB Paraiso complex I knew that the IB Grand Paraiso was indeed an adults only resort.
It is also quite pricey, but worth it.
Old Nov 6th, 2008, 03:23 AM

Also India,
The Royal Playa del Carmen would fit your needs. It is right in the town of Playa. It is adults only, on the beach, great food and service and a five minute walk from 5th Ave and all the action in Playa.
Old Nov 6th, 2008, 04:20 AM
Original Poster

Thanks Schmerl. I'll check out their prices. We are sort of settled on the Majestic Elegance in Punta Cana. It's new and the price is right.