The best Caribbean Island for....

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 30th, 2005, 01:32 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm planning a trip to the islands this Summer, but I'm having a hard time deciding which one I should go to. I'm 23 and traveling alone and really just looking forward to being low key, seeing some sights, enjoying the beach and the weather, and looking for a great nightlife scene (lots of clubbin aka dancing).

So any suggestions?
Old May 30th, 2005, 06:56 AM

Aruba sounds perfect for you. We took our son and his pal there after HS graduation and believe me there were NO complaints about the night life! The beaches are terrific, the locals very friendly, the weather should be fine and there are plenty of great restaurants.
Old May 30th, 2005, 07:26 AM
iw

I agree that Aruba would be a great place to go. The locals are very friendly and helpful. Try Carlos and Charlie's for an inexpensive dinner and some great people watching. Have fun!!
Old May 30th, 2005, 01:16 PM

For a young person looking for some nightlife, I agree that Aruba would be a good choice. It's a simple enough place to just veg and enjoy the beach, it does have good weather and it isn't too remote.
Old May 30th, 2005, 03:45 PM

I give Aruba a thumbs down personally unless you are into large hotels and an Americanized experience. The beaches are pretty but the wind is a pain. I did not enjoy it as it was too sanitized for my taste.

I suggest Negril for beaches and nightlife and a bit of island flavor. If you are looking for a hi rise experience, Cancun might work for you and you can get good deals there.
Old May 31st, 2005, 01:10 PM

I also think you should look into St. Maarten. What a party place if you are looking to party! I think that is a good place for what you are looking for. I like Aruba also, but to me it is much older for your age group.
Old Jun 1st, 2005, 03:47 AM

the Dutch side of St Maarten would work. The beaches are low key and the night life and afternoon life by the airport is fun. Try the Sunset Beach Bar listen to live music and watch the planes land