Take it from a real local!
When I read the entry NOT TO GO TO CURACAO by some disappointed Curacao visitors I could not resist sending a reply:
As a real islander girl (born & raised on Curacao, speak 4 languages fluently, educated in Holland and graduated from a reputable University in NYC where I also worked and volunteered in numerous soup kitchens for the homeless for 5 years!) I know that most of our American visitors have the wrong perception of Curacao. They think our island should have the “typical” Caribbean Island things like: -must have long sandy stretched beach (we are very proud of our 37 small natural beaches), must have the friendliest & best service 24/7 etc, etc. But do not forget that we are also hard working human beings who are doing our utmost best to improve our product Curacao. Most Americans do not realize that our tourism industry has never been the island’s first source of income (refinery & financial services), meaning that the tourism sector is pretty “new” to us, and saying that “we’re not there yet!” This however should not be an excuse for our people to be rude or give lousy service, but please consider our background before judging us. Please help us by giving us positive criticism and have some patience. Try speaking some “Papiamentu” words like: “Bon Dia” (good morning) or “Dushi” (sweetheart) and I can guarantee you that our locals will love it and that you will see that our people are beautiful inside & out. In the mean time I suggest that all Americans should come to Curacao and experience our REAL DIFFERENT Dushi Curacao at least once in their lifetime!
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 AOL EMAIL ☎ 1~888~482:3831 Password Reset CONTACT Now ☎ AOL Tec*h CALL.
- 2 Over rated Ritz Carlton
- 3 Need help picking destination for April/May 2018
- 4 Immigration experience entering USA from Cuba non us citizen
- 5 bareboat sailing tips in bvi
- 6 Hilton Aruba
- 7 Jamaica Inn in late April
- 8 Jamaica or Dominican Republic?
- 9 Shuttle From Airport (Hewanora) to Bay Gardens Beach Resort In St. Lucia
- 10 Which Island to visit
- 11 Cuba solo mid December-need your help please
- 12 Romantic Barbados vacation
- 13 First week in April : NYC to beach, all inclusive
- 14 Want to buy cigars in Havana
- 15 Anyone go to Grace Bay TCI over Thanksgiving?
- 16 Taking Items to Cuba
- 17 Moving... Crohn's disease?
- 18 Bermuda Restaurants
- 19 Nevis Nice - Trip Report
- 20 Barbados: Turtle Beach vs. Bougainvillea
- 21 Christmas vacation
- 22 Spring Trip with 7 & 5 y/o
- 23 SWIMMING AND FOOD...WHICH ISLAND TO CHOOSE?
- 24 Southern Caribbean Getaway Advice
- 25 Aruba All Inclusive vs. Not
Take it from a real local!