IS IT??

IS IT WORTH THE MONEY??

WHERE IS THE BEST PLACE TO GO??

HOW MUCH DOES IT COST??

ANY INFO. WOULD BE GOOD.

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!

Old Mar 3rd, 1998, 10:08 PM
Kevin

Go to Cancun; take a boat over to Isla de Mujeres - about an hour away; they have a swim with the dolphins excursion. We did it last summer and it was
truly facinating!! We were in a huge ocean area that was fenced in but the dolphins were free in a huge area. Each person does 4-5 tricks with each dophin individually and they video tape you. We bought the video ($50)- well worth it. Everyone loved it!! Have Fun

Old Mar 4th, 1998, 08:47 AM
Clark Robinson

X-Caret is also an interesting location. It is a state park about an hour 1/2 south of CanCun. This place has an underground river to snorkel through (equipment rental is available on site & you get to keep the snorkel). They also have a small ZOO, Dolphin show, and beach access. You can swim with the Dolphins for a fee (don't recall how much). They have an interesting feature where you lay down in the water with your legs straight out behind you. A Dolphin will come up and put his nose on the bottom of your feet and push you across the water (fast enough that you almost stand up straight). The number of swimmers is limited, so if you go you should sign up as soon as you get there. There are several 1/2 day and full day trips from CanCun that include your intrance fee into the park.

Old Mar 23rd, 1998, 08:23 PM
Bob Morton

Julie: Here's a message I wrote to another person interested in meeting dolphins:
Message: If you want to swim with pure wild dolphins, and I mean wild ones with no
behavior modification with food incentives, try the island of Bimini, Bahamas. My wife
and I decided to vacation on Paradise Island in the Bahamas, and scuba dive with
Bahama Divers this summer, but we were going to go to Bimini and researched Bimini
Undersea Adventures, concerning their "Wild Dophin Excursion." You can tap a good
homepage on them on Yahoo, or other sources. I copied and pasted their info for you
from their website. Here It is.

I love dolphins, too. Too bad many are dying because of our tuna indurstry, which is netting thousands each year. Good luck and have fun. If you need additional info on wild dolphins, email us. [email protected] A unique phenomenon has occurred near our Bahamian Island of Bimini. A "Pod" of Wild Spotted Dolphins has taken up residence in our waters. Although not easy to find, the presence of these Dolphins gives us a unique opportunity to interact with them in their environment and on their terms. "Spotted Dolphins" are different in many ways from the more well known "Gray Bottle Nosed Dolphins" that you see in captivity. "In the Wild",
Spotted Dolphins seem to actually seek out Human interaction. In contrast, the Bottle
Nosed Dolphins tend to be curious but tentative, more often than not shying away from
swimmers. In Captivity though their roles seem to be reversed. Spotted Dolphins are virtually un-trainable and do not do well in a Captive Environment. The Bottle Nosed Dolphin are very trainable and seem to adapt well to Captivity. Nowdla Keefe of BIMINI UNDERSEA, after months of research and exploration, has devised a program enabling visitors to interact and swim with these beautiful cetaceans. This is your chance to "Live the Dream" and Swim with the Dolphins.

Hope you meet some of our most intelligent mammals in the ocean when you go. have fun!! Bob Morton

Old Mar 24th, 1998, 10:21 AM
Kelly Kirn

My husband and I just got back from a cruise to the Bahamas. One of the shore excursions was the Dolphin Encounter on Blue Lagoon Island off of Paradise Island. It was wonderful. We spent approximately 15 minutes in the water with these wonderful animals and paid about $35 a person. The short time in the water was definately worth the money. I would recommend it to anyone!

Old Mar 24th, 1998, 05:14 PM
Bob Morton

Dear Julie Kirn;
My wife and I will be on Paradise Island in July, staying at the Comfort Suites. Could you tell us some more about the dophins there? We'll be diving with Bahama Divers, but would like to see them. How far is Blue Lagoons from Nassau? What's the excursion there like? Would like to know. Where did you stay, and how long was the trip altogether. Please advise. Thanks Bob Morton