sunshine suites???

Oct 27th, 2003, 01:38 PM
Original Poster

sunshine suites???

Has anyone stayed at sunshine suites on 7 mile beach recently? we are thinking of booking a studio, which floor should we request (they asked if we had a preference), any chance of a complimentary upgrade if we are there in Dec.? What is the caymans like in dec???
Oct 28th, 2003, 12:01 PM

All the rooms at Sunshine Suites are (naturally) Suites, so they are all nice.

They have two buildings, each with two floors, but as they are not on the beach (though across the road from a great beach) I think it really matters not what floor you are on.

As regards a comp upgrade, one can but ask, but as I say, all their rooms are nice suites.

Cayman (not Caymans , little local knowledge ) in December ? Weather generally lovely, as we are beyond rainy season, so a little cooler (mid to high 80s in the day) and not overly humid.
Oct 29th, 2003, 06:42 AM
Original Poster

TomCayman, thanks for the info. you are very helpful! I was wondering if when you are shopping for local "wares" if bargaining/bartering is acceptable as it is in many other islands or is the price the price? I don't want to offend!
Oct 29th, 2003, 07:19 AM

Stayed at the SS twice this past summer. Upgrade may be hard 2 get during high season. Ground floor is best. The Grill serves good food. Never had a bad meal will, menu limited but they will fix anything u want. Beach is a 4 min walk. The SS offers beach chairs and towels. Hint take u some rafts. Fosters food fair is about a 8 min walk. Closed on Sundays they offer everything u want. No need 2 rent a car buses pick u up in front of the SS and takes u down town for $2 each way. By all means use your coupons for stingray city. Hint, go 2 stringray on Sunday morning nobody there. Any other time forget it!! For shopping prices are raised when ships are in. Better discounts when no cruise lines are in port.
Oct 29th, 2003, 07:52 AM
Original Poster

conch,
should we bring inflatable type rafts from home? is that what you are suggesting? great info. on the suites, thanks.
Oct 29th, 2003, 10:16 AM

Bartering/Haggling is pretty much a third world phenomenon....and as Cayman is really a "first world" type of place, no, the price is the price
Oct 30th, 2003, 06:09 AM

LOL regarding haggling. First world or third world has nothing to do with whether haggling is acceptable. I haggle successfully all the time in New York City, which is about as first world as places come. In Cayman, the price is the price. The difference has to do with astute businessmen in NYC understanding the concept of moving the merch and the time value of money. You will see items for sale in Cayman that have been sitting in the case for at least 7 years. That sort of inventory management is unheard of in many places.