stx

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6th, 2002, 06:47 AM
kim

stx

how is the weather in st. croix in the first week in june? is it relly humid? and is this rainy season? thank you

Old Jan 6th, 2002, 11:01 AM
Joyce

Hot and humid, rain likely.

Old Jan 6th, 2002, 12:21 PM
kim

THANKS JOYCE, THATS WHAT I TOUGHT.

Old Jan 6th, 2002, 01:07 PM
mr. helpful

The month of June is NOT in the "rainy season". As far as temperature is concerned, the weather in June is invariably glorious. The temperatures in the VI are constant year-round and vary by about 5 degrees between winter and summer. The little rise in humidity during the late summer months is because of the dying down of the trade winds but the humidity is hardly noticeable and certainly doesn't count when compared to the Southern United States or even the Eastern seaboard when you often sweat just standing still. When we do get rain it usually lasts only a couple of hours unless you get stuck in a hurricane - and we haven't had anything to write home about really on that score since Marilyn in 1995. Just the facts, ma'am, just the facts!

Old Jan 6th, 2002, 01:33 PM
Gail

Ditto above- Weather in STT in July was gorgeous- The sun is a bit more intense, but the humidity factor is nil compared with the east coast! Go, go, go!!!!

Old Jan 6th, 2002, 03:33 PM
Gina

Was in STX for a week in mid-July and there were some sprinkles but they were far and few between. They would only last for 5 minutes - and it was pretty refreshing!! Definitely not like the rain here in Minnesota!

Old Jan 8th, 2002, 05:38 AM
kim

thank you all for your help! i guess i will be going to stx in june. can't wait

Old Jan 9th, 2002, 10:24 AM
peg

We were there in June 2000 and it was hot mid-day as expected, but really, perfect overall. What little rain that might came was very brief. And there is always a breeze near the shore. We stayed in A/C or near water mid-day, and did our sightseeing a.m. and later in the afternoons. Go and enjoy! You will love STX.<BR><BR>If you're interested in trip reports, go to www.caribtravelnews.com, select Island list, then St. Croix. I think you'll find them informative. <BR>

Old Jan 9th, 2002, 12:02 PM
anon

don't you just love it with "principlaltravel" doesn't have a clue and not the first time either. June is the beginning of Hurricane Season but it is not likely that it will impact in early June. Later in the season, when the humidity increases and the water warms is a more likely time. The short showers you might experience on one part of the island might not even make it to the other side and you have to expect that rain forest to stay green somehow! Temps are pretty consistent year round.