Stupid ? for St. T

Old Feb 15th, 2001, 07:54 PM
Carole

Stupid ? for St. T

I realize this may be a stupid?..especially for those most traveled...but my Husband & I are taking a well deserved vacation at the Wyndham in St. Thomas in the first wk of March. We just don't know if beach towels,along with lounge chairs and umbrellas, are included (ever bit of space in the luggage is greatly appreciated and we have to worry since my husband is Irish (his tan consists of his freckles getting bigger)

Thanks again for any info you can share. We'll be there all week so if you have anything you would avoid (restaurants, beaches, hotels, etc.) we'd greatly appreciate the info. Thanks Again.!!

Old Feb 16th, 2001, 10:55 AM
Karen

No such thing as a "stupid ?." The hotel will provide beach towels and chairs at the hotel. You can take the towels (altho they MAY tell you not to) on your excursions - and you will want to beach it on St. John as well. The "tourist" beaches there will have chairs, etc to rent but the more pristine ones won't. I always take a small cooler for sodas, etc. for use for the beach days as well as an inflatable float (and small pump) to use on the less busy beaches (and I leave the float at the hotel when I come home) or if you have to rent them! Other hotels might stop you from using their chairs but I have not seen that happen on STT. Be sure to stop by Cafe Wahoo and Blue Moon Cafe - both on East End if you are looking for dining out a nite or two!

Old Feb 16th, 2001, 11:08 AM
Parrot Mom

There is a towel hut at the resort near the pool, very convenient..lots of lounge chairs..some umbrellas and lots of palm trees.. to see pictures of the area please write to me.. Ihave pictures of pool area.. if your plan includes meals.. you will need to make reservations at the sit down restaurant in the a.m. when your having breakfast. For lunch we would have a hamburger at the grill (best ever)..go through the buffet and pick up fries, salads, desserts and sit on the porch...

Old Feb 16th, 2001, 08:27 PM
Tawana

I'd love to hear more about the Wyndham. My husband and I are traveling there as well this week.

We've been to the SuperClub Grand Lido Negril in Jamaica and had a very nice all-inclusive resort experience. We've never been to St. Thomas before and are anxious for warm weather, great beaches, snorkeling and relaxation.

Any additional information would be greatly appreciated.
Tawana

Old Feb 17th, 2001, 05:22 AM
Smiley

Karen's right about carrying a cooler. We always buy a styrofoam cooler when traveling, to keep food & drinks in the car (& another for the room if there's no fridge). Most times we can get ice easily, but if it's a small place or they ask you not to take ice, we just go buy a bag. It's still cheaper than paying for eats & drinks out & very convenient. I also carry a small, foldup cooler to take anything I might want on an excursion, in case their refreshments don't suit me.

We also carry a big bottle of tap water to rinse sand off us if we're where there are no showers. I also keep lotion & sunblock in the cooler. Very soothing.

Hey Karen, thanks for the tip on the float. We always leave the coolers, any pantry items we didn't use, finished paperbacks, etc, but the float never occurred to me. What a great idea!

Old Feb 17th, 2001, 05:23 AM
Smiley

(We buy the styrofoam coolers on island).

Old Feb 17th, 2001, 08:34 AM
Karen

Naw, don't believe in styrofoam ... don't even let it into the house! Know how many years it takes to decompose? Well, aside from that my minimate is packed full of lotions and jars that might leak or break ... so much easier!! And I always take a flashlite!! Sometimes they give you those cute little squeezie ones ... I save 'em ... but the larger lite is so much better ... slips right into my purse!