Cemetary Reef in Grand Cayman

Old Jun 9th, 2000, 08:34 AM
John Galt

Cemetary Reef in Grand Cayman

I want to stay at a hotel which is very close to Cemetary Reef in Grand Cayman. Does anyone know the nicest close hotel?

Old Jun 9th, 2000, 04:55 PM
ELYSE

The reason cemetary reef is so nice is because there are no hotels near by. There are a few nice condos. We stayed @ Plantanna (sp?) a few years back which was almost walking distance, but we drove the short distance. Plantanna was awesome. We had a 2 bedroom oceanfront ground floor which was about 15 steps from the ocean with 3 sets of sliding glass doors overlooking the view. We splurged for oceanfront, but it was worth it. There are some condos closer but I cannot recall the names.

Old Jun 12th, 2000, 09:06 PM
maggie

John,
Check out the website www.caymanvacations.com. They have a map that shows the Condos and hotels closest to Cemetary Reef. My understanding is that it is up on the northern end of seven mile beach. I'm planning a trip in December. Good luck!

Old Jun 17th, 2000, 06:47 PM
DONNY

AUQUA BAY CLUB IS WITHIN WALKING DISTANCE AND IS VERY NICE AND REASONABLE TOO! IT IS A CONDO! GOOD LUCK.

Old Jun 28th, 2000, 06:14 AM
Bob

We jsut got back. Cemetary Reef is nice. My daughter said she saw a stingray. It is about 100 yards off the beach. We stayed at Discovery Point Club condos, which were within walking distance, but we drove. They were clean and the staff nice. Only problem was hot water pressure when both showers were running. Aqua Bay Club and Silver Sands condos are also in the area, alittle closer. Aqua Bay looks newer.

You need to rent a car.

Old Aug 23rd, 2000, 11:56 AM
Sipry

Cemetary Reef is one of our favorite places to go to - Indies Suites is very close by. We have been staying there since 1995 - clean, small facility, across the street from Public Beach, full kitchens, nice pool and bar. You need to drive to Cemetary from Indies but only takes about 5 minutes.

Old Feb 17th, 2001, 09:57 AM
Debbie

Silver Sands is the closest condo to Cemetary Reef, Aqua Bay is the next closest I believe.