stuck on vacation spot

Old Jun 24th, 2002, 01:23 PM
Jennifer

stuck on vacation spot

we are trying to plan a week-10 day vacation in July and are about to throw up our hands...we honeymooned in Bora Bora and I am so worried that I will never find another place quite as beautiful...we DO NOT like the typical "hotel-room" look that most of the resorts we are seeing in the Caribbean seem to have- we like to feel like we are back in nature but still getting pampered by the surroundings...we have looked at: Cap Juluca in Anguilla, Petit St. Vincent in the Grenadines, La Luna in Grenada, and the Ladera resort in St. Lucia...would LOVE any and all recommendations or opinions...thanks

Old Jun 24th, 2002, 01:58 PM
Carrie

Try Peter Island in the BVI's. It's absolutely beautiful and I would compare the feel and look to Tahiti.
I loved the rooms and the beaches (Deadman's Bay)are spectacular.

Old Jun 25th, 2002, 09:05 AM
nina

Check out Belize: www.aprivateisland.com.
I've heard fantastic stories!

Old Jun 26th, 2002, 04:29 AM
Lillie

I've read some good posts here about LaLuna and one lady said she took a one day trip to the Grenadines. So Grenada could be very interesting or you could split your time between islands.

Old Jun 26th, 2002, 04:34 AM
Marsha

St. Lucia is very lush and Ladera is beautiful--you could spend a few days at Ladera and a few days at Ti Kaye Village which is in a quiet area -- cottage units--this is a fairly new property. You can type out Ti Kaye Village in Google for info/pix and read travelers reviews in Where2Stay.com. Also, you should check out climate for July--how much rain normally falls in that month--may just type out "climate, St. Lucia" or what ever island you choose.

Old Jun 26th, 2002, 06:03 AM
Nancy

Jennifer, we too honeymooned in Bora Bora and Moorea 4 years ago and don't like the typical hotel room either. While I don't think that any island can compare to the experience we had in Bora Bora, we are leaving for Cap Juluca next Wednesday and from what I've read Anguilla seems to have amazing beaches and Cap Juluca is supposed to be incredible.

I can tell you that you will be pampered at any Ritz-Carlton or Four Seasons on any island. Believe it or not we have stayed at the Ritz-Carlton twice on the concierge level in Cancun. While it's a very very nice hotel room, the views are incredible, and the beach is beautiful we received quite a bit of pampering. We only left the resort once. If you like, I will be more than happy to e-mail you when I return from Cap Juluca.