Reload this Page >

St. Thomas to Tortola....How?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 8th, 2002, 03:24 PM
Laura

We are arriving at 2pm on a SUNDAY (in July) in St. Thomas, and need to get to Road Town in Tortola by dinnertime. What is the best way to go....ferry....water taxi....flying Cape Air? Thanks for the advice.<BR><BR>Laura & Scott<BR>

Old Feb 8th, 2002, 05:09 PM
Ann

Ferry schedule is available at www.caribbean-on-line.com. Good luck!

Old Feb 8th, 2002, 05:46 PM
Karen

Here's the ferry schedules:<BR><BR>http://www.usvi-on-line.com/ferry.shtml<BR><BR>

Old Feb 8th, 2002, 06:03 PM
Anthony

Thanks for the plug, Karen!

Old Feb 9th, 2002, 07:16 AM
Laura

Thank you for that information. Just as I suspected, there are fewer scheduled ferry trips on Sunday. Does anyone have any idea how long it takes to get your baggage in St. Thomas and get to the Charlotte Amalie harbor? If our flight arrives at 2:10, am I dreaming if I think we can make a 2:45 ferry? Or for that matter, how long is a taxi ride from the airport to Red Hook? Has anyone tried the private water taxi service? Thank you all so much!

Old Feb 10th, 2002, 06:46 AM
Debbie

Hi Laura,I've been to St Thomas a few times and my flight arrives at<BR>12 noon and I usually make it across the island to Red Hook for the 1pm<BR>ferry to St John. Our luggage has come out after about 10-15 minute wait.The taxi ride to Charotte Amalie is also 10-15min.depending on traffic. You might just make it.<BR> It'll be really close though!!<BR>I beleive the taxi to Red Hook takes about 30 minutes.Again,depending on traffic. Good Luck!

Old Feb 10th, 2002, 06:54 AM
Debbie

Hi Laura,I was looking at the Ferry Schedules and it looks like you should be able to make the 3:15pm<BR>ferry from Red Hook,St Thomas to<BR>West End,Tortola without feeling rushed.Just take a taxi.Not a shuttle.They sit and sit until the whole shuttle is full.A taxi is much quicker.