ST. THOMAS, RITZ-CARLTON. Comments?

Jul 6th, 1998, 08:12 AM
Stephanie

ST. THOMAS, RITZ-CARLTON. Comments?

I've been to St. Thomas before but I was on a cruise and only stopped in for a day. I'm thinking about going back and wanted to know if anyone has stayed at the Ritz'Carlton. Please let me know what you thought of your stay at the Ritz. Where the accommodations beautiful or a disappointment? was the beach clean? Also, any comments you'd like to share about visiting St. Thomas. Thanks.

Jul 6th, 1998, 01:24 PM
J.T.

I'm also planning a trip to St. Thomas. Interested in Ritz and Sugarbay, does anyone have any info?

Jul 6th, 1998, 03:35 PM
Ann

I went to St. Thomas in April and stayed at the Wyndham Sugar Bay. It was a great hotel with excellent service and great food. It is also 5 minutes away from the red hook ferry to St. John and
about 15 minutes from the city and shops. I would definitely stay at the Wyndham again.

Jul 9th, 1998, 08:01 AM
Stephanie

Ann or anybody: At Sugarbay Beach Club. Regarding the all inclusive meals, did you get to choose from restaurants to dine at or was it more buffet style? Were the beach and hotel grounds safe? Were the rooms in good condition, clean? Thanks.

Jul 9th, 1998, 04:57 PM
Ann

There was one restaurant where you ordered directly off the menu. Make sure to make reservations early. We ate here 3 of the 6 nights and the food was delicious. The seafood was fresh and they had a variety of meat and chicken entrees. They had one buffet night with a cajun theme and the food was excellent. They had another more casual restaurant near the pool with a nightly theme buffet. The food was your typical above average buffet but we enjoyed everything we ate. They had a mexican, italian and seafood buffet the nights we ate there. If you want more of a formal atmosphere and a beautiful view of St. John definitely go to their formal restaurant. The grounds were very safe as you are quite far from charlotte amalie. As for the rooms they were nice, clean, spacious and the we really made good use of the in-room safe. Also the breakfast in the formal restaurants were very good!

Jul 10th, 1998, 07:04 AM
Stephanie

Thanks alot for your comments.