Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Caribbean Islands
Reload this Page >

Breezes Runaway Bay or Breezes Montego Bay, or somewhere else??

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 9th, 1998, 09:53 AM
Marcie

If you've been to either or both...(or another resort)help. Trying to decide which one is best for hubby and me and our two daughters age 18 & 21. The daughters want other singles, lots of activities, nightlife,etc. Hubby and me want nice accommodations and very good food. Any suggestions???? Thanks.

Old May 12th, 1998, 03:56 AM
cyndy

Both are adults only/singles or couples. Montego Bay is in town, great beach, wonderful view, smaller. Runaway Bay is busy, spread out, well done. I like the beach at MoBay better.

Old May 14th, 1998, 03:28 PM
jane

We have been to Holiday Sunspree Resort many times. It is all-inclusive and has a great beach and large pool. Last year our son (a high school junior at the time) and 3 friends went with us. They had a great time too. You can E-mail if you want to know more.

Old Jul 9th, 1998, 06:41 AM
kate

My boyfriend and I looked into Breezes as we were contemplating Jamaica (we decided on St. Lucia). However, one travel agent we visited showed us a giant binder that travel agents subscribe to, to get the real picture on resorts. They usually don't show it to the public (it seemed to be written for travel agents). Anyway, it did not give a very good review for Breezes Montego Bay. It said, among other things, that it is very noisy since it's right next to the airport. Also, I think it's not the greatest area (I'm not sure, but I think that may have been the resort we read about which was described as having walls/fence/something like that to keep locals out? I could be wrong....) I think Hedonism, which you wouldn't want, and Renaissance Jamaica Grande got better reviews. You might want to ask your agent about this guide.

Old Jul 10th, 1998, 06:05 AM
Pamela Johnson

<BR>We have been at Breezes Runaway Bay (2 yrs ago) and had a very good time. There were older teenage kids there and lots of activities for them to enjoy. The food was good and so was our room, but we had a suite. It is a very active, fun place. It is a distance away from any major town, I believe Ocho Rios is the closest. The standard rooms are small, but ni ce. I would upgrade if you can. <BR>We are considering returning but are looking at other Caribbean all inclusives. E-mail me directly <BR>for more detailed info and questions. Hope this helps. PJ